Police: Man Exposed Self To High School Students

By: KKTV Email
By: KKTV Email
Police are searching for a man who indecently exposed himself to Wasson High School students as they exited their school bus Monday morning.  The suspect

The suspect's vehicle, believed to a light-green sedan, is highlighted and circled in this image taken from surveillance footage.

Police are looking for a man who indecently exposed himself to high school students Monday morning.

The suspect was reportedly parked on the north side of Wasson High School just after 7 a.m., and was spotted by students as they got off their school bus. Police say he exposed himself while he was sitting inside his vehicle. The man fled the area after the students went inside the school to notify security.

Police say the suspect was a white man in his 20s, with brownish-gray hair and green-hazel eyes. He was wearing a black short-sleeved shirt and blue jeans. His vehicle was described as a light-green 4-door sedan, possibly a Chrysler Sebring.

The suspect's vehicle was caught on camera; police are currently working to improve the video's quality.

Parents tell 11 News they are concerned about their kids' safety.

"A little scared, worried, and wondering if my kid is safe in this school," said Theresa Baker. Her son is a freshman at Wasson High School.

"It's pretty frightening to think something like that is going on," said Laura Porter.

According to District 11, information about the incident was posted on the school's website. Other District 11 schools have also been notified about the incident.

Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 634-STOP.

• by Might have been... on Apr 4, 2012 at 11:21 AM
    ... another student! How many people comenting on here mooned someone they knew when in school? I'm not saying it's right, but they might be looking at the wrong place.
  • by Anonymous on Apr 3, 2012 at 10:01 PM
    Probably another cop.
  • by David on Apr 3, 2012 at 07:30 PM
    Sick dude needs caught and beat.
  • by Tim on Apr 3, 2012 at 05:18 PM
    My opinion not that anyone cares. We have alot of problems with guns, drugs, pervs, etc at our schools. Although what are the districts doing about it. What are the parents doing about it. I have a child that attends Wasson. He tells me what he notices daily. If he says anything to Wasson staff he could get hurt if not dead. Parents need to step up and school districts need to step up. I have seen security at schools that allow kids to do as they please and some that are to strict. We also have alot of teachers that have been covicted of crimes at school. I dont understand why so many people have to bash each other. I would volunteer at any school but what good would that do. Educate our kids. I am curious to see why none of these kids wrote down a plate number.
      by Tim on Apr 3, 2012 at 05:22 PM in reply to Tim
      If he says anything to Wasson staff he could get hurt if not dead. As in from other students in retaliation.
  • by H Location: CS on Apr 3, 2012 at 01:55 PM
    Wasson Parent: Feels free to volunteer to help the school security, parent volunteers are always welcome. Please just don't offer to substitute an English class (too instead of to, capitalization and punctuation needs some work.)
      by UKIDDINME? on Apr 3, 2012 at 04:44 PM in reply to H
      I agree, go volunteer at the school if you are so afraid to have your child attend there. Give me a break!!! This is high school and I am sure the weenie wagger is not a reflection of the school or the kids in it. Geeeeeeeeeez, be afraid of the drugs and guns that go to school, not this perv~!
  • by Anonymous on Apr 3, 2012 at 01:52 PM
    The picture is awfully dark for being so early in the morning... Even with the time change there is daylight at this time.
  • by Wasson Parent on Apr 3, 2012 at 01:46 PM
    There are supposed to be security guards there. There is one that stands up by the buses. I drive by him every morning when dropping my son off at school. He must be to busy to pay attention.Our cops are also to busy pulling people over that have broken windshields or are catching people speeding instead of looking for these perverts. i could do a better job at security in that school than the security they have
      by Monique the Cat Lady on Apr 3, 2012 at 02:26 PM in reply to Wasson Parent
      Private security firms are better suited to this kind of deterrent work and would welcome the business. No need for the police to watch every store, bank or parking lot.
        by DanReeves on Apr 4, 2012 at 09:25 AM in reply to Monique the Cat Lady
        First of all your handle makes me laugh every time. :D Anywho, that's a great idea but the school district would have to pay for it. Thatmeans you and me would have to pay for it. After 1A was voted down this town is swirling down the toilet bowl. So in other words if something like that were to be propositioned on a ballot or something it would get shot down by the regretfully stupid people of this town...
      by Dexter on Apr 3, 2012 at 03:11 PM in reply to Wasson Parent
      So please tell me Wasson parent, since you're the expert, what exactly do perverts look like so that we can make sure the police drive around and look for them. Police or security being there would not make much difference, usually these sickos will just go and do thier business elsewhere. You don't some off soundign very smart so I have trouble believing that you could do better.
  • by Someone on Apr 3, 2012 at 01:05 PM
    Sounds like the same car and guy, that was seen doing the same thing at the Walgreens off of range wood and Austin bluffs.
  • by But really? on Apr 3, 2012 at 11:53 AM
    Can someone please tell me why people expose themselves to kids? Or to anyone for that matter? What do they get out of it??
      by Parole officer on Apr 3, 2012 at 01:26 PM in reply to But really?
      The answer to you your question is, you get stained car seats and jail time.
      by Monique the Cat Lady on Apr 3, 2012 at 02:22 PM in reply to But really?
      Nudity is acceptable in many parts of the world, so finding the cause for these types of behavior can be complicated. The causes are not where you'd expect them to be so you can't judge this book by it's cover.
  • by Innocent until guilty on Apr 3, 2012 at 11:41 AM
    It wasn't me. I was just fumbling for my keys. And it's a two door.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 145961655 - kktv.com/a?a=145961655