Child Sex Assault Suspect May Be Identified

By: KKTV Email
By: KKTV Email

Investigators believe they've identified the suspect seen on surveillance video after allegedly sexually assaulting a child in a Pueblo Grocery Store. They're not releasing the name of the suspect, however, because the investigation is still ongoing.

Earlier this week, detectives asked the public for help identifying the suspect.

Police say it happened at the Albertsons on Prairie Ave. The suspect allegedly grabbed a boy's bottom and squeezed it while the child was washing his hands. At the time, the suspect was wearing glasses, a tan jacket and tan pants.

Shoppers at the grocery store were shocked.

"It was pretty upsetting only because I send [my daughters] to the store by themselves,” Steve Sabin said. “But that won't be happening anymore."

"It makes me sad,” Crystal Carter said. “It makes me scared. Kind of makes me a little uneasy...to be around people."

Officers ask anyone with information about the suspect's identity call Pueblo Crime Stoppers at 542-STOP or visit Pueblocrimestoppers.com.

• by Laurent Location: Colorado Springs on Feb 8, 2012 at 10:27 PM
    Anyone who wants to pamper the idiot parents should join them in their punishments. Any parent who leaves a kid in the restroom alone ought to be put on a chain gang for the rest of their brief lives. Yes the kid may be lying for capital gain of the parents. That should warrant death pensilty. False wittness deserves death penalty praise God.
  • by E Location: R on Feb 8, 2012 at 08:29 PM
    i Know this man all my life and know for a fact that that child is LYING, in fact i think that the child's parents are trying to get a pay day form this man.
  • by H. on Feb 8, 2012 at 02:34 PM
    Don't EVER let very young children go into a public restroom by themselves! You don't know who is in there or what they might do. Children have been assaulted in public restrooms because an adult didn't go with them.
  • by Laurent Location: Colorado Springs on Feb 8, 2012 at 02:39 AM
    The guy looks to be in his 70's. He may have dimentia. But when avoiding mistaken identity with others, look on photo other than tan pants or clothing. His hair type, balding, weight or body type. How he combs hair. But just saying he's a gray haired old man with tan clothing is lame and is not distinctive. I just do not believe all sexual assault stories because they have it on the brain here. There are those low enough to use a kid as a tool to harm others. The parents need to be prosecuted for child endangerment. Oh I give up. You all see rats in your coffee.
  • by Another? on Feb 7, 2012 at 02:47 PM
    To Steve who sends his "kids" into the grocery store alone - you should have Child Protective Services at your front door knocking...what kind of nut are you to do that?? Are you that lazy that you can't go in with your kids? Is your fat rump in your car eating your Carl's Jr. and don't want your fries to get cold.....There should be a mandatory test for people to have/keep kids - you sir should NOT be one of them.
      by Talk on Feb 8, 2012 at 02:00 PM in reply to Another?
      Omg of all the things happening to children today at the hands of their own family, you think this guy should have cps called because his kids go to the store for him? Don't be so judgmental and mean. With that temper maybe cps should be called on you.
  • by Randy Location: Colorado Springs on Feb 6, 2012 at 03:52 PM
    No, not a grocery store. Maybe by my community mailboxes. I'm still trying to think but I'm sure it was the guy. He has a very distinct look about him.
  • by K Location: D on Feb 6, 2012 at 02:56 PM
    ok, WHICH GROCERY STORE?
  • by Randy Location: Colorado Springs on Feb 6, 2012 at 02:49 PM
    I've seen that guy somewhere before and I'm sure it was in Colorado Springs.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 138802664 - kktv.com/a?a=138802664