One Arrested For Stealing From Cars, Second Suspect Flees

By: KKTV Email
By: KKTV Email
One suspect escaped police, but another was arrested for stealing from cars in the area of Delmonico Dr. and W. Rockrimmon Blvd.

Amy Avila

A tip about a suspicious vehicle led police to make one arrest for stealing from vehicles in a Colorado Springs neighborhood. A second suspect ran away before police could arrest him.

Colorado Springs Police say they went to the Delmonico Dr. and W. Rockrimmon Blvd. area after a report about a suspicious vehicle that was driving through the neighborhood repeatedly. Officers eventually caught up to the vehicle near N. Academy Blvd. and detained two people.

Amy Avila, 34, and Paxton Daniels, 31, were detained while police did their work.

Officers eventually established probable cause to arrest both of them for breaking in to several vehicles, but Daniels ran before he could be arrested. The officers searched the area, but couldn’t find him.

A probable cause affidavit was issued for the arrest of Paxton Daniels for the charge of First Degree Criminal Trespass.

Police say they’d like anyone with information about Daniel’s whereabouts, or anyone who recently had a vehicle burglarized in the area of Delmonico Dr. and W. Rockrimmon Blvd., to call 444-7000.

• by mpls on Apr 18, 2012 at 07:02 AM
    Check out Paxton Daniels on F.B. yikes! Amy is his wifey. When they move in its time to call the realtor.
  • by LedHed Location: Colorado Springs on Apr 18, 2012 at 06:20 AM
    "Karen", you instigated, I responded, and now you're rolling over, probably indicative of your daily interactions with others. Next time you post, stick to the topic and save yourself further embarassment.
  • by RICO Location: Springs on Apr 17, 2012 at 04:46 PM
    Well, if Daniels was "detained", should we be looking for someone handcuffed in back?
  • by nancy Location: colorado springs on Apr 17, 2012 at 10:21 AM
    i think they stole from me! i went out to my car this morning (i live at Rockrimmon & Delmonico) and saw that my car had been tossed! i think my daughter forgot to lock it so they just let themselves in! took my prescription sunglasses & a cellphone case, but they were looking for valuables! i'm glad i didn't have anything else in there.
      by Anonymous on Apr 17, 2012 at 11:53 AM in reply to nancy
      I think this is your daughter's fault then. Talk to her instead of running to the internet to make something about you.
        by Nancy on Apr 17, 2012 at 12:32 PM in reply to
        Are you serious? I didn't "run to the internet" to make it about me. I am happy that they caught the criminals that stole from me. I believe you ignorant comment is an attempt to make it about you.
          by Anonymous on Apr 17, 2012 at 12:34 PM in reply to Nancy
          Before I get corrected, of course I meant to type "your ignorant comment".
      by Anonymous on Apr 17, 2012 at 12:50 PM in reply to nancy
      How is it her daughter's fault? Are you saying that forgetting to lock the door to your car gives criminals permission to steal from you? The thieves are responsible! They deliberately looked for an unlocked door, and being criminals, found an unlocked door and stole from that person (or multiple people). Do you walk through parking lots checking car doors to see if they will open so you can take whatever you want? Hmmmm, maybe you do.
  • by Anonymous on Apr 17, 2012 at 09:51 AM
    Gross. They should use these people's nasty faces for crime prevention posters.
  • by d on Apr 17, 2012 at 09:50 AM
    Can you say Crack head??
  • by Neighbor on Apr 17, 2012 at 08:48 AM
    What is the description of the suspicious vehicle?
  • by DanReeves Location: The Further on Apr 17, 2012 at 08:28 AM
    I would like to sing a little ditty for y'all that I keep for special occasions like this one... -Meth ohhhh meth, I can't eat and I can't sleep but I got the cleanest house on my streeeet, meth ohhhh meth!-
      by anon on Apr 17, 2012 at 10:17 AM in reply to DanReeves
      get these hairs all out of my face get these bugs all out of my face, one more hit no time to waste, mmm meth ooo meth!
  • by Reality on Apr 17, 2012 at 08:22 AM
    If you want to steal something, do it like the average American consumer: Bully a company, starting with the first point of contact, into giving you whatever thing you want but aren't entitled to for free.
      by DanReeves on Apr 17, 2012 at 08:28 AM in reply to Reality
      What...?
      by LedHed on Apr 17, 2012 at 08:44 AM in reply to Reality
      Your tirade against false consumer entitlement is irrelevant, save it for a pertinent story.
        by Reality on Apr 17, 2012 at 11:27 AM in reply to LedHed
        It is pertinent. The story is about theft. I was giving the perpetrators a suggestion to keep them out of jail if they want to continue stealing stuff. No, I'm not a Walmart greeter. I do customer service in a completely different industry, though, and described one of the most common tactics employed by American consumers.
          by LedHed on Apr 17, 2012 at 12:25 PM in reply to Reality
          So, you're suggesting alternative criminal opportunites? I'm missing the point, however I agree with your assessment that this is a common form of consumer theft.
        by Karen on Apr 17, 2012 at 11:55 AM in reply to LedHed
        You don't really understand the definition of "tirade," do you?
          by LedHed on Apr 17, 2012 at 12:21 PM in reply to Karen
          Webster's Dictionary of the English Language (The New Lexicon): A rhetorical harangue (look it up)or written passage full of vehement (look this up too) criticism or invective (there's three for you to research). Sounds like he met the definition to me, what reference tome/s would you suggest instead?
          by Karen on Apr 17, 2012 at 04:02 PM in reply to Karen
          Oh you're one of those people, LedHed. I get it. You think you have something to teach to someone. I'll answer your incorrectly written question though: Realistic ones.
      by Annie Mosity on Apr 17, 2012 at 09:46 AM in reply to Reality
      Are you a Walmart greeter?
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 147755225 - kktv.com/a?a=147755225