Suspect Arrested In Officer-Involved Hit-And-Run

A suspect who drove away after allegedly hitting a motorcycle cop will face multiple charges, police say. They say the suspect

The motorcycle involved in the hit-and-run is loaded onto a trailer.

A suspect in an officer-involved hit-and-run is under arrest. CSPD says Joshua McInnis, 20, will face multiple charges.

A Colorado Springs Motorcycle Officer was trying to pull McInnis over for a routine traffic stop near 21st and Colorado when the officer was struck by McInnis' green Toyota.

According to police, McInnis sped away after striking the officer.

The officer's only injuries were described as minor shin bruises.

Thanks to a tip, officers were able to find McInnis at Twin Oaks Drive, off of Dublin and Academy just before noon. He is being charged with hit and run, careless driving, eluding and drivers license violations because his license is currently suspended.

Police say that McInnis' photo will likely not be available until about 8:00 p.m.

• by @ E on Jan 29, 2012 at 03:31 PM
    Go back to your world of ignorance. Idiots in wrong positions? Are you kidding me? Thesse people can ruin a life and do on a regular basis. You think it is no big deal. You are the reason why our world is screwed up so much. Senseless ramblins? ok I did not write this for it to be a noble prize item. If you knew anything you would know what I was talking about but it is obvious you are ignorant of your local police force. so please, why dont you call the colorado governors office tell them you have a complaint about CSP and listen to them tell you the governor has no authority or jurisdiction over CSP or Dept Of Public Safety so they can cover up illegal actions by troopers. Since I am in fear for mine and my families safety i will not name names here. The point is that it should be a concern to everyone. Thus, the entire reason i posted this was to try to make the public aware of the corrupt police we have in OUR community. Not all cops but a lot. I pray you never need them because if a trooper cant even help look for a person who tried to kill or injure another cop do you think they will give two cents about you. NO.
  • by whoops on Jan 27, 2012 at 10:06 PM
    Hey this was really a training accident but they didnt tell the suspect. right? Oh no this guy is going to jail. Only cops can make mistakes and get away with it.
  • by truth on Jan 27, 2012 at 06:57 AM
    I follow the laws best I can. But I criticize the police. Is it ok for two troopers to go eat at 31st and 24 just after the cspd officer got hit? They knew what happen and the suspect fled but they have no respect for a fellow officer to look for the suspect who fled a mile from where I saw them eating lunch. you then think they respect citizens? Hell no. Police state 1984
      by really! on Jan 27, 2012 at 09:09 AM in reply to truth
      OMG you're soooo right! God forbid any officer gets to take a lunch break! This shows complete respect for anyone but themselves!
      by E on Jan 27, 2012 at 09:58 AM in reply to truth
      You do realize that CSPD and Colorado State Patrol are two different agencies, right? If you do, then you should know already that it is entirely possible that the troopers you saw didn't even know about the incident. Perhaps they were off duty, heading to or from a meeting or training? Were they in a restaurant or on the side of the road? Maybe they were asked to help by watching that intersection. Point is, unless you are one of those troopers, you really don't have a clue what was going on. Why would you automatically assume the worst? This is the problem, people think they are much smarter than they are. I have notched in many posts on this site, that somebody sees a small piece of an event and suddenly they are the only experts on the situation. People like you make me fear the future. You have the balls to badmouth them here, but did you care enough to ask them? Doubt it. You have no idea what you're talking about.
        by truth on Jan 27, 2012 at 09:45 PM in reply to E
        @E NO kidding they are not the same! a BOLA was put out on this thing called a radio just prior to them calling out for lunch break. It was only a person hit by a car; tell that to his family. Oh they did that on the radio too! All you have to do is listen to their radio on the internet live feed. You get a clue. Why? Because i know first hand CSP is corrupt, lies, commits felonies. OHHHH I do have the balls. I took my evidence to the governor, DA, and to Attorney General Eric Holder. I am still paying for doing it but I can sleep at night. You are the one that has no clue maddam or sir. If you knew half the truth what goes on you would be very fearful. . How about the issue of dispatchers watching TV and a death. Oh but a supervisor knew of some of the dispatchers having sex on duty in their conference room in weeks prior to that. How about a trooper who violated policy surrounding a fatal car accident. Or how about a CSP supervisor knowing of a trooper's drinking problem prior to the trooper being arrested for DUI. or is It is just like when New Life church happened,or the little girl that was kidnapped and escaped. Or how about troopers being told not to arrest people for fake social security cards. Or that the are demanded to right tickets on every accident. Cops know they may not get a breaks when they want. If they dont like it then quit. I hope they dont decide to take break when you need them. All cops are not bad but if they dont speak out about the bad ones then they are no better. THE TRUTH IS NOT WHAT PEOPLE WANT TO HEAR.
          by E on Jan 28, 2012 at 02:02 PM in reply to truth
          Way to bring up the past several years of offenses committed by troopers. Of course there will always be idiots in the wrong positions. I kind of doubt you did what you say you did, but i digress. the point is, your senseless rambling is that of a child and you still have not any idea why those troopers were not actively looking for anyone. Have fun listening to your scanner and "paying the price" for trying to do the right thing. If only the rest of the world was as smart as you.
  • by surfer girl on Jan 26, 2012 at 08:13 PM
    I don't even live in the springs, but I must say CSPD ROCKS. I have the up most respect for that Dept, they do their jobs and they do it well, keep up the good work CSPD. There are people who actually respect law enforcement agencies.
  • by surfer girl on Jan 26, 2012 at 08:12 PM
  • by vietsubvet Location: cospgs on Jan 26, 2012 at 03:56 PM
    Always interesting to hear the comments of the anti-police group on these blogs. So, if they're in their house some night and they hear someone breaking in the back door, who do they call? Why do they dislike (hate) the cops so bad? Oh, I dunno, maybe the cops have interrupted their 'fun' of, maybe slopping down a bunch of booze and then driving? And getting in a wreck. But, it was someone else's fault. Maybe punching out their wives, and neighbors call the police. Oh, those MEAN police officers arrested me. It was just between my wife and me. You anti-police types are basically a bunch of bottomfeeders who have had, what you think, are 'negative' experiences with the police. But, in reality, it's the police officer's fault. OK.
      by Criminals? on Jan 26, 2012 at 04:50 PM in reply to vietsubvet
      Yes you are so right! It it typically law breakers that hate the cops!
      by Miah on Jan 27, 2012 at 04:24 PM in reply to vietsubvet
      I haven't broken the law, and I'm not a bottom feeder. I bet I make more money than you do. And I still hate cops. They're corrupt little punks that grew up being picked on in school and now feel the need to throw their power around.
        by Anonymous on Jan 27, 2012 at 09:59 PM in reply to Miah
        What does your pay have to do with anything? You need some major help with your issues Miah. What a cmplete dolt!
          by Jeff on Jan 28, 2012 at 02:53 PM in reply to
          So how much do you make? If you insist on mentioning it even though it has no bearing on the discussion, do tell.
      by wake up on Jan 27, 2012 at 10:02 PM in reply to vietsubvet
      So what if someone breaks the law and are mad at the police. Just because they made a mistake does not make them bad people. It DOES not mean they dont have a valid reason to be upset and complain either. I guess you are right. Rodney King should have taken his beating,or those kids should have just let the cop sexually abuse them. they are just bad kids. Or TSA is allowed to fondle kids and adults as long as it is not you. ok, right. those who wrote our cnstitution expressed that it was good for us the people do ask and demand answers, questione OUR government. Police state is hear. NDAA is good thing. It allows our government to arrest citizens who they feel are terrorist,and those with extreme political views to be arrested and held for as long as they want. You better hope you are never on their bad side. Lets censor everyone we dont like. Lets make stronger laws so we can kill those we dont agree with. OOps ,speeding, off with your head. Oh an lets thank the cops who say nothing and allow all the bad cops to get away with it. Gee it is just like history, you know germany. wake up please. Oh sorry, nothing to see here move along. yes move along.
        by Jeff on Jan 28, 2012 at 09:37 AM in reply to wake up
        Perhaps if you learned proper sentence structure and to spell, we might take your rants more seriously.
  • by cspi on Jan 26, 2012 at 02:58 PM
    Having seen the intelligence of some troopers, I wouldn't be surprised if he was trying a "pit" maneuver on his motorcycle
      by E on Jan 26, 2012 at 03:01 PM in reply to cspi
      You call them stupid but you post the same comment twice and you don't know the difference between a trooper and an officer. Are you the pot, or the kettle?
  • by cspi on Jan 26, 2012 at 02:58 PM
      by Tony on Jan 26, 2012 at 04:23 PM in reply to cspi
      You need to learn to read better before commenting. It was a CSPD officer involved, not State Patrol.
      by ethan on Feb 2, 2012 at 09:37 AM in reply to cspi
      the cop was behind a truck then came out from behing the truck and josh tried stopping but it was to late
  • by Bradman on Jan 26, 2012 at 02:57 PM
    Way to go Josh. Too bad the cop didn't put a bullet in you. It would be justified.
  • by Edwin Location: COS on Jan 26, 2012 at 02:42 PM
    So he hit a cop and bruised his shins? Lucky the cop didn't shoot him dead.
      by Anonymous on Jan 27, 2012 at 10:00 PM in reply to Edwin
      It's to bad he didn't, one less loser in the City.
        by ethan on Feb 2, 2012 at 09:38 AM in reply to
        ok "Anonymous" real big talk from a person that has no guts all this was was a kid making a mistake and panic at the moment sorry i wasnt aware Anonymous was perfect
        by ethan on Feb 2, 2012 at 09:41 AM in reply to
        please Anonymous just hold your breath untill... well just hold it dont stop
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 138140418 - kktv.com/a?a=138140418