Man Struck By Car During Confrontation

A Springs man was hit by car when he went to investigate why the suspicious-looking vehicle was parked outside his home.

The victim saw the car in front of his home on Norwood Avenue, near Lake and Cheyenne Road, at 3 a.m. Thursday and went outside to confront the driver.

Police say that when the driver saw the victim approaching, he or she turned on their high beams and then drove straight at him, running over his leg. As the car sped away, someone inside the vehicle also fired a gun.

The victim sustained minor injuries and refused medical treatment.

Two people were inside the car at the time of the incident, but police say they aren't sure of their race or sex. The car is described as a light blue 4-door Sedan with Colorado plates. It was last seen just after 3 a.m. on Southgate Road leaving the area.

Anyone with information on this incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 634-STOP.

• by Anonymous on Mar 3, 2012 at 12:50 PM
    you people act like we have a cop on every street corner to check out every little car that stops in front of your house. please people this is a larger town with a lot of growth and not enough budget to cover more police coverage. if you want police protection for a strange car parked on the street you need to move to a small town where the cops do nothing half the time. Our police officers do the very best they can with the resources they have.
  • by Gerald Location: Springs on Mar 1, 2012 at 01:27 PM
    Shoot, if there were a car parked outside of my house at 3 A.M, Id confront the driver as well, I live in the neighborhood and I hear gunshots EVERY night. people break-in houses in this neighborhood All the time so if I were that man, I woulda did the same thing, except armed..
  • by tom Location: 80918 on Mar 1, 2012 at 10:36 AM
    Anonymous, not sure why you would state, "never confront suspicious persons on your own. Call the cops." I think you meant to type, "remain in the fetal position, clinging to your mothers womb until authorities gets there to save you"...correct? I check out every suspicious vehicle I see in my neighborhood, be it police, taxi or otherwise. If you are fearful of strangers and strange things, network with your neighbors so you know their phone numbers, and can use them as resources. Your response underlines a lack of something, but it is not resources.
      by Anonymous on Mar 1, 2012 at 11:21 AM in reply to tom
      Gee, Tom. Ever heard of minding your own business? Last I checked, it's not a crime to park on a public street. Check out the law. Watch a lot of Charles Cronson/Dirty Harry movies do ya?
        by decker52 on Mar 1, 2012 at 01:47 PM in reply to
        To anonymous- no it not a crime to park on the street. To Tom- way to go. more people need to get involved with what is happening on our streets. Its way past time that people wake up to what is going on in their neighborhood. Next time I would go out armed and if someone tries to run me down they can expect to be shot. Its called self defense.
          by Dirty Harry on Mar 1, 2012 at 03:19 PM in reply to decker52
          NO, I don't watch Dirty Harry Movies, but I DO own a 44 MAGNUM !!! It goes everywhere I do !!!
  • by Oblivious Location: Purple City on Mar 1, 2012 at 10:22 AM
    Calling the police for a suspicious car in front of your home will produce no results. I have tried many times. So the best thing to do is make the call and send an email to the mayor and several other city leaders to let them know of the inaction.
  • by Anonymous on Mar 1, 2012 at 08:19 AM
    Never confront suspicious persons on your own. Call the cops. Oh, but then there's that pesky "lack of resources" thing. Were these occupants of the suspicious car also sitting out on a darkened street because the street lights had been turned off months ago to save a buck or two? I bet so........ In all sincerity, I hope that the gentleman's leg is OK, but this could have turned out much more tragic.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 141024123 - kktv.com/a?a=141024123