Man Arrested After Holding Stranger At Knifepoint For Ride

Colorado Springs police say they've arrested a man responsible for holding a complete stranger at knifepoint after being refused a ride.

Police say a group of friends were talking in the parking lot of the Sam's Club, 715 S. Academy Blvd, around 11:45 p.m. Monday when a man approached them. The man began asking for rides and asking to use their cell phones.

When the group refused, the suspect then allegedly walked up to the window of one of them men who was seated in his vehicle, and began to aggressively ask for a ride. When he was again denied a ride, the man allegedly pulled a knife from his pocket, reached into the open driver's side window of the vehicle, held the knife to the victim's throat and verbally challenged the victim.

The victim was able to roll up his window and drive away before calling police.

When police were responding to the scene, they saw a man matching the description of the suspect. Qaseem Farooq, 21, was arrested for the charge of felony menacing and was transported to the El Paso County Criminal Justice Center.

The victim was not injured while being held at knifepoint.

• by james on Apr 22, 2011 at 07:52 PM
    And again....http://s1.zetaboards.com/anthroscape/topic/1984025/1/
  • by james on Apr 22, 2011 at 05:56 PM
    Hmm so all racist are close minded and dumb? That's a pretty racist thing of you to say? You are the epitome of a hypocrite. It's ok for you to label racist as all being the same but its not in for a racist to do the same. Such a moron. And by the way...I win this argument. Thanks
  • by @@james on Apr 22, 2011 at 09:18 AM
    Racist people are not ignorant. Someone cannot be ignorant for their beliefs. If that was the case all people who believe in god are ignorant. Or people who believe in the death penalty so on and so forth. They didn't teach you that in college smart guy?
      by @ james on Apr 22, 2011 at 11:23 AM in reply to @@james
      No. Racist people have closed mind and think they are always right no matter what. Just like you. So being racist IS being ignorant you idiot. And yes I have learned alot from college, like it's pointless to argue with an ignorant person cause they only see that way. Just like a racist. Hmmm.....Im not sure if you even graduated high school. But Im done arguing with an ignorant, racist, KKK hoodie wearing, stupid, dumb, slow, and joke of a human life like you. So go ahead and reply if you want. Im done with your racist remarks!
  • by james on Apr 21, 2011 at 05:55 PM
    Lol @ David. What's funny is that that report has a list of references. Like30 of them. Most are from the doj and so on. I guess everyone is just trying to keep the black men down.
  • by james on Apr 21, 2011 at 02:21 PM
    Never once have I said I'm against or I hate all black people. I'm just simply pointing out facts. I guess you can't call a spade a spade. Anyways @@ James. I honestly cannot believe how stupid you are. You have called me racist and a kkk member and ignorant and stupid. And whatever else. And I'm childish for calling you a hypocrite? You have to be kidding? You did imply you were black when you see a case about white people and you don't point out the fact they are white. Why would you point out a white crime if you're white. You wouldn't be racist towards your own race. Of course white people don't cry when racism happens to them. Did you know that using the word ignorant to describe a person is incorrect.....just because a person doesn't share your same views does not make him ignorant. If you liked hamburgers and I didn't would you call me ignorant? Moron
      by @ james on Apr 21, 2011 at 11:44 PM in reply to james
      I didn't call you ignorant because you disagree with me. I called you that because you are racist. Racist people are ignorant. And why would I point out a white crime if im white?? Because im not a racist joke like you!!! I was making that statement to show you that "Hey even 'we' have our own problems." If you're not racist then how is it when it comes to crime you point to color?? Oh and by the way, 'Color of crime" if you don't believe that's racist then that's not just ignorant and stupid but slow as well. Thanks for being a disgrace to the human race. I think they need more idiots like you holding up your KKK hoodie in Tennessee.
  • by David Location: Colorado Springs on Apr 21, 2011 at 11:47 AM
    Reports can be biased and inaccurate. I can label anything a "report", or better yet, use invalid data in favor of valid data to support my own biased hypotheses. You are trying to say the percentages that support your racist ideas are more accurate than mine? Based off of what? A racist website, with an URL that openly demonstrates that bias? "thecolorofcrime"? THAT is a reputable scientific source?
  • by @ david on Apr 21, 2011 at 10:50 AM
    How did I avoid those stats? They are in that report. And you're way off base. 47% of black crime is against whites. While only 2% of white crime is against blacks. Blacks are nearly 50% more likely to commit a crime against a white person strictly because that person is white. I do my research. And I'm so much more smarter than you bud
  • by james on Apr 21, 2011 at 10:26 AM
    @@James...in one of your previous posts you implied you were black....I highly doubt you have a degree I anything but stupidity. I can tell by your writing. @ David. I agree blacks are typically less wealthy and less educated and therefore mire likely to commit crime. It doesn't matter if their punishments are harsher because this isn't about incarceration its about committing the crime itself. Blacks should work on fixing these issues within their culture...not whine everytime they don't get their way. @ the other guy. Maybe nobody in your family has committed a crime...but the next black family might all be criminals. These are proven stats. They aren't made up. It's funny that blacks can point out things white people do and its not racist. But if a white person does the same he is a kkk member. Such hypocrisy. You will never hear a black man get mad when someone says he is more endowed than a white man. That's just a s racist. Foolish hypocrites.
      by drs on Apr 21, 2011 at 11:38 AM in reply to james
      It is very sad that you feel the way you do against blacks. I agree with you on one point....When blacks point out things that white people do or just assume that certain things can only be done by white people. That is also racist. Im not against whites at all. Im against the person that commits a crime. To tell you the truth none of my friends have committed a crime as well. They are black too. As well I have some white friends that haven't either. When I see a crime I see a crime. Not a color. Im not gonna be like you and say stuff like you do. I pray you change your ways cause hatred (whether you mean it or not) won't be solved with hatred. I personally don't like people assuming stuff about me as color. Good or bad. I usually get picked to do sports activities because people ASSUME that I'm black so I must be good at sports and that upsets me as much as anything else cause that is a racist statement.
      by @ james on Apr 21, 2011 at 12:39 PM in reply to james
      I have never implied that I was black. It's something you assumed. Just like racists do, they assume stuff like that. "Hey, he's listening to rap so he must be black." "He's mexican, so he must be illegal." "This person's favorite artist is Disturbed. He must be white." "He's black, let's put him on our football team!" I don't need to prove anything to you because I don't answer to you and I'm done with your ignorant remarks. You do need to do better research cause what you are doing is finding an excuse to be racist. You wouldn't be upset calling me childish and hypocrit if what Im saying wasn't true. Truth hurts for ya doesnt it? But not me. Im a better person than you!
  • by observant Location: usa on Apr 21, 2011 at 09:44 AM
    Typical COS.....if this guy's photo had not been posted they would have been calling for him to be sent back to Mexico. Too funny. Careful COS.....your true 'colors' are showing - AGAIN.
  • by drs Location: springs on Apr 21, 2011 at 08:26 AM
    Hey James.....I AM black and have never committed a crime. I have a big family and none of my black cousins, uncles, aunts, mom or dad has committed a crime. Strange. By your "fact sheets" someone in my family should be a criminal. Strangely enough though, no one is. Wierd. If anyone is beyond dumb it's you! You can say whatever you want but Im sure you're gonna reply to this by calling names and that's it. You have no real facts to back up what you say.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 120195759 - kktv.com/a?a=120195759