Man Accused Of Sex Assault On Young Children Arrested

Colorado Springs police arrested Richard Truex, a 23-year-old man accused of sex assault on a child.

Police say Truex had sexually assaulted a 7-year-old female, a 6-year-old female and a 11-year-old male living in his neighborhood.

Police say one of the alleged sexual assaults took place near Roswell Park.

The suspect was taken into custody at the Police Operations Center on January 5. He was later booked into the Criminal Justice Center for three counts of the felony charge of Sexual Assault on a Child.

The Crimes Against Children Unit says they are concerned there may be additional victims of sexual abuse by Truex. Anyone with additional information concerning other possible victims are asked to contact the Colorado Springs Police Department at 444-7000.

• by Jeremy on Apr 13, 2012 at 12:33 PM
    Anyone have an update on this?
  • by A Survivor's Mom Location: USA on Nov 20, 2011 at 03:55 PM
    Kimberly, you have no clue. Child sexual abuse DOES NOT go away. The victim has to live with it FOREVER. This guy, and others like him, are monsters and predators. He knew exactly what he was doing, nobody "put him up to it". Ya need to grow up girl. And to "Someone", heard your divorce will soon be final. Congrats! Hope he truly did not hurt your daughter. If he did, I hope she tells someone who can help her.
  • by Someone Location: Some where on Feb 28, 2011 at 09:25 AM
    I know this guy. He was in the same unit with me. I have spoken to him on several occasions. I would have never guess he would have done this even though I have heard things that he has done, but I can confirm it. One things is for sure: he is not all there.
  • by Someone Location: Indiana on Feb 7, 2011 at 02:06 PM
    I was once married to this man and I am very disappointed and sickend by the fact that he did this. I hate him for it and hate is a strong word for me. I hope that he gets everything that he deserves and more. I know that in Colorado he has no family so I am pretty sure that he won't be bonded out. No one cares for him anyway. I am very thankful that my daughter was not part of his sick mind. If so I would go to Colorado myself and take care of his sick mind!
  • by jaz Location: cs on Jan 31, 2011 at 11:33 PM
    So yeah let him out so he can RAPE your child.Sick or not he needs to be LOCKED forever, in a mental hospital then.. there is NO JUSTICE when it comes to scum like this.
  • by Kimberly on Jan 31, 2011 at 04:34 PM
    @Jeremy I think that he should cause he is not fully there so when he did it either he wasnt focusing cause he couldnt or because someone put him up to it.
  • by Jeremy Location: FH on Jan 31, 2011 at 03:55 AM
    @ Kimberly. A another chance? He admitted to it. Would you let an alcoholic out of jail because he is a "Good Guy"? No, he would get drunk again.
  • by Kimberly Location: Elkhart on Jan 26, 2011 at 07:44 PM
    Ive known Richard for a while and sure he might not be all there but he is not grose he is a great guy and I am really hoping to see him out of jail soon cause he deserves another chance to make this right I love Richard and I always have ever since I first met him and I wouldnt mind seeing him again.
  • by SGT Justice Location: Fort Hood on Jan 25, 2011 at 10:04 PM
    He was removed from the road for awhile at Fort hood When the Mother of a 14 year old girl came forward that he was texting her daughter and calling her. He had pictures of her on his phone, the unit investigated but I dont think they had enough to do anything. He has definately left his mark at Fort Hood but I dont think it has all been uncovered yet. Shortly after they put him back on the road responding to calls just like that of sexual assualts and calls involving kids.
  • by Big J Location: Houma, La on Jan 23, 2011 at 01:10 PM
    he was my roommate for the first 3 months in Iraq and he was defanitly disturbed and not all there, he wasnt a few fries short of a happy meal, he was missing a hamburger out of the happy meal... and you should call the Fort Hood Provast Marshells Office as well as Texas DPS along with Bell County and Coryell County Sheriffs Office in addtion to Killeen PD in Central Texas..
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 113026524 - kktv.com/a?a=113026524