Homeowner Fights Back Against Intruder

A home was broken into Tuesday morning in Colorado Springs, but the owner put up a fight.

According to police, around 4:30 a.m. at 5292 Spoked Wheel Dr., the homeowner awoke and discovered a male intruder downstairs. The homeowner confronted the intruder, who struck the homeowner, causing a small laceration on his face. The intruder fled, but the homeowner was able to strike him on the back with a club before he escaped out the back door.

Police were called, but were unable to find the intruder. He has been described as a white male in his 20s, standing about 5'8. He was wearing a black t-shirt with blue jeans.

If you have any information that could help police, call 634-STOP.

• by Michelle Location: Springs on Nov 3, 2010 at 12:42 PM
    What does race, color or ethnic origin have to do with breaking the law? Is there something I'm missing here, maybe certain groups are "entitled" to steal???????
  • by robert Location: colorado springs on Nov 2, 2010 at 07:11 PM
    What happen to "Make my day law" a right not exercised is a right lost, i would of shot him with my .500 NITRO EXPRESS.
  • by George Location: Colorado Springs on Nov 2, 2010 at 03:14 PM
    That is not limited to Colorado Springs. It seems to me that it's mostly limited to unthinking people who have fun writing things so out of the mainstream that they irritate most people.
  • by Bill Location: CS on Nov 2, 2010 at 03:01 PM
    A .44 Magnum would work better than a .357 Magnum. Doesn't matter what ethnic group he/she is. Lowlifes all.
  • by Chris Location: Denver on Nov 2, 2010 at 02:33 PM
    Wow, you people are amazing. How racist do you have to be to accept a criminal, as long as he's not Mexican? Glad I moved out of the Springs.
  • by monte Location: colorado springs on Nov 2, 2010 at 02:33 PM
    agree witht tev. should have chosen my place. have zero tolerance.
  • by aundrea Location: colorado springs on Nov 2, 2010 at 01:44 PM
    to Oh Yea Yes I completely agree I will accept that white trash european american any day over an illegal mexican!!!
  • by Tev Location: CS on Nov 2, 2010 at 01:41 PM
    A bullet between the eyes would have been more appropriate.
  • by Kevin Location: Colorado Springs on Nov 2, 2010 at 12:47 PM
    This is a burglary, not a home invasion. A home invasion uses assualt to enter a home, when a resident answers the front door.
  • by pc Location: c/s on Nov 2, 2010 at 12:24 PM
    It sounds like 357 MAG S.W. time. They make a much bigger hole than a club and you dont have to worry about them coming back or stealing from any one else. Just depends on how you feel about some low life taking what you worked,earned and paid for. Ask for it and I,ll do what I can to help you,steal it and your not going to make it out the door pal.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 106533694 - kktv.com/a?a=106533694