Good Samaritan Act Leads To Carjacking

A Good Samaritan act early Saturday morning has led to a carjacking.

The victim pulled over on the 2000 block of E. Platte Ave just after 2 a.m. to help a driver he had noticed stranded on the road. When the victim stepped out of his car, another vehicle pulled up. Police say a man got out of that car and jumped into the victim’s vehicle. The victim tried chasing the suspect as he drove away. According to police, the suspect pulled out a handgun as the victim attempted in vain to chase his car, but there are no reports of shots fired.

The suspect has been described as a Hispanic man in his early-to-mid 20s, 5-foot-5 and 160 pounds. His head reportedly was shaven, and he was dressed in jeans and a white jersey. The vehicle he arrived at the scene in was described as an older model Ford Crown Victoria or Chevy Caprice, white in color. The vehicle was not at the scene when officers arrived.

The victim’s car is a black Suzuki Aero, Colorado license plate 507GIX. It was last seen driving eastbound on East Bijou Street.

Anyone with any information about this crime are asked to call police, or call Crime Stoppers at 634-STOP.

• by Jim on Apr 18, 2011 at 11:06 PM
    The CSPD is more worried with traffic enforcement (Revenue) than law enforcement. The crime in this city is out of control and these knuckleheads have their prioities backwards. It's time to rethink how they are using their resources. Write tickets when you see a violation, but don't concentrate on that aspect. Catch the real criminals!
      by Tony on Apr 19, 2011 at 03:32 PM in reply to Jim
      You're an idiot! Traffic enforcement is a part of law enforcement. If it wasn't for that enforcement, I could only imagine what the streets would look like with everyone racing around and doing as they please. Traffic enforcement is the focus of the motors unit. Patrol focuses on catching criminals, but it's kind of hard to do that when there are not enough cops to respond to normal calls for service.
  • by James on Apr 18, 2011 at 04:56 PM
    More proof www.colorofcrime.com/colorofcrime2005.pdf
  • by Jenn B Location: CO Springs on Apr 18, 2011 at 02:20 PM
    This really sucks for people who are really out there stranded and need to rely on the kindness of strangers. B/c people like this make others scared to help. I won't pick them up, not to be mean, but you never know! It's pretty sad it has to be that way.
  • by springs Location: spring on Apr 17, 2011 at 07:34 AM
    this is EXACTLY why i call the police when i see a stranded, brokedown, or a vehicle that MIGHT need some help. I never stop to help anyone anymore, not that i DONT want to help, you have JUST GOT TO BE vigilant!!! the police department is never mad at me for calling out some help, i give them my legitimate phone number and have NEVER been called back by an officer, or the dispatcher telling me it is wrong to call them in this manner. JUST CALL THE POLICE!! NON EMERGENCY line 444-7000 or if it is an emergency 911.
  • by Dave on Apr 16, 2011 at 08:49 PM
    I plead to the people of our community to take up their arms and start killing these criminals.
      by Anonymous on Apr 17, 2011 at 08:02 AM in reply to Dave
      The cops sure aren't doing it.
  • by Jim on Apr 16, 2011 at 08:47 PM
    If I'm out at 2:00AM, I have my .45 and I will shoot to kill, I hope these robbers and carjackers start dying off soon. I will be happy to hear.
  • by Jenn Location: Colorado Springs on Apr 16, 2011 at 07:33 PM
    I want to know what happened to the other car? I was gone when the police arrived but didnt say what happened to it. Its sad that we cant help each other out. I often want to stop but being a 28yr old Female i'd rather not take the chance.
      by nate on Apr 17, 2011 at 03:45 PM in reply to Jenn
      what other car???where you around when they took my car then left before the cops got there??? if you have info please let me know i will give you my email address
  • by @linda on Apr 16, 2011 at 05:39 PM
    Nope a black person murdered my friend un a robbery....good one though...the pregnancy thing fits what blacks do best ....by the way 22% of serial killers are black males. Black males only make 10% of the population. They are doing double duty. Percentages ate an amazing thing.
  • by anonymous on Apr 16, 2011 at 04:32 PM
    2:00a.m. Are you looking for trouble?????? Anyone want to take any bets the carjacker couldn,t speak English. No boby should be out at that time in that area and assume your safe without packing. Not racist just sick and tired of these criminals in this town. I agree with Kirk "hot lead".Sometimes you just feel like if it,s going to stop these creeps one way or another it might be worth a little jail time. Good lawyer or not you won,t be there long ask any thief or wanna be gangsta.
      by nate on Apr 16, 2011 at 05:28 PM in reply to anonymous
      He could speak english. This is not about race, its about a little thug with a gun that stole my car. I am the victim in this case and I will stop and help again because its the right thing to do. Thats the problem with this world is no-one helps each other. If we all helped it would teach people better manners . I am a firm believer in Karma.
        by Adam on Apr 16, 2011 at 09:12 PM in reply to nate
        True. But also, if we shot little punks like that in the FACE a bit more often... that would also teach people better manners.
        by R... on Apr 17, 2011 at 06:14 AM in reply to nate
        Good to hear you haven't been soured to help your fellow man/woman. 2 men (Black and Hispanic) helped my Mother the other day after she had car problems. They were polite and very respectful and gave her no problems. These people flapping their jaws have no morals and were obviously not taught respect and honor towards anyone. Ignore them, they're being ignorant.
  • by CLASSY_WIFE810 Location: FOUNTAIN on Apr 16, 2011 at 02:47 PM
    not all crimes are done by black people blacks are the ones that usually get caught but look at all the serial killers they are all white. white people just take there time and are a little more careful when the carry out there crimes. NOT A RACE THING IT IS A STUPIDITY THING!!
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 119970369 - kktv.com/a?a=119970369