Crooks Steal Shotgun, Marijuana

Colorado Springs police report three men threatened a man with a knife in his home, then ran off with some of the man’s property, including a shotgun and some marijuana.

The unidentified man told police Friday three men forced their way into his home at 800 Bennett Avenue around 9:20 pm. Once inside, the intruders pulled a knife and demanded cash. They then ransacked the house when the man didn’t give them any money.

The men took some electrical equipment, a 12-gauge shotgun and some marijuana. The police description of the crooks are as follows:

Suspect #1 is described as a Hispanic male, mid 20’s, 5-10, heavy set, wearing gray sweatpants and a white sweatshirt.

Suspect #2 is described as an black male, 35-40 YOA, 6-0, thin build, wearing a sweatshirt and dark colored pants.

Suspect #3 is described as a white male, 45-50 YOA, 5-8, 160, dark hair with a mustache. Suspect was wearing a blue shirt and sweat pants.

• by JPerkins Location: colorado csprings on Oct 21, 2010 at 10:42 AM
    the people who did that,just ask and im sure someone will smoke u out,when u have to hurt people to get high i think u really need help!nobody's life is worth losin over a blunt
  • by WTF Location: CoSPrings on Oct 18, 2010 at 09:28 AM
    I bet the crooks were black
  • by MaryJane Location: Potville on Oct 17, 2010 at 08:17 PM
    This must be a STONERS Convention. Clean your Bongs and pipes\ or use fresh papers if you roll your own, since ou guys sound like you got some kind of contamination thing going on. Please, practice safe pot smoking, since contaminants and that nasty grunge can cause distemper and a case of the JAWS.
  • by Troy Location: COS on Oct 17, 2010 at 11:45 AM
    ...and yes... I'm aware that I contradicted myself at one point in my last post. It was deliberate.
  • by Troy Location: COS on Oct 17, 2010 at 11:42 AM
    Jackson, your sarcasm isn't necessary and doesn't really help your own point of view, either. I made my comment hastily and didn't pay much attention to the fact that I mistakenly typed CSPD instead of KKTV. If you can't comment without resorting to personal attacks and making assumptions, how do you expect to be taken seriously. As for "Cop," you apparently didn't read my posts on a different related story a couple days ago where I clearly stated that I do not use marijuana or other drugs. That, along with the fact that I don't own any firearms, should answer the question you asked me, though. Now I'm thinking it is you two who need to grow up -- not KKTV or CSPD.
  • by Roger Location: Colorado Springs North on Oct 17, 2010 at 05:52 AM
    It is amazing that more of these punks don't get shot while commiting these home invasions. More than likely he let them in by opening the door and they just had the jump on him from there. I'm not surprised to hear that drugs were involved, and even less surprised to find that it happened in that part of town. Perhaps this is yet another reminder of our once beautiful city's downfall, and a glimpse of the times to come.
  • by Daniel Location: pueblo on Oct 16, 2010 at 06:21 PM
    wow Jakson, a little upset on some ones post on there own opinon? lets get real here.ok, lol, it is funny how they reported the drugs as just an item that was stollen.if it was me they would have searched my house for the rest.
  • by Jakson Location: Colorado Springs on Oct 16, 2010 at 03:21 PM
    And Troy, CSPD does not write these stories. If you can't at least appear somewhat intelligent, don't hurt your cause by opening your mouth.
  • by Jackson Location: Colorado Springs on Oct 16, 2010 at 03:19 PM
    No one would steal Marijuana if it werent made so valuable by prohibition. The headline was chosen to catch eyes, not not to "hit" the wonderful flower I smoke daily. Notice that the marijuana is just brought up as your everyday property. It was just one of the things stolen, and they are going after the criminals. Don't jump to conclusions and make yourself look stupid. This is not a hit piece, obviously. READ IT.
  • by Steve on Oct 16, 2010 at 03:12 PM
    Obiously they knew this guy, he owed them something...and you're right why would you say they took your hoot. This was an inside job and he for some reason felt he needed to report it. They took the gun so they could hock it off and get what he owed them.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 105100674 - kktv.com/a?a=105100674