The Fountain Police Department has issued tips for minimizing your risk of falling victim to a crime. Though sent by Fountain police, these tips are a good reminder for all citizens.
FPD recommends the following crime prevention procedures:
• Make closing and securing all exterior doors and windows a bedtime necessity
• Don’t forget about the garage, vehicles, RVs, and bicycles
• Replace inoperative light bulbs in exterior lamps
• Your home shouldn’t look like you are away. (Leave a light on, pickup your newspapers, etc.)
• Use an alarm system
• For Fountain specifically, solicitors are prohibited before 9 a.m. and after 6 p.m. Monday-Saturday, prohibited on Sunday, and must have a business license (Fountain Municipal Code Chapter 9.48)
• Avoid any in-home demonstrations or inviting solicitors into your home
• Call the police for any activity or occurrence that is suspicious or unusual
• Watch for unusual activities in your neighborhood (a person may have locked their keys in the car or maybe it is an opportunistic thief)
• Join and participate with your local neighborhood watch groups
KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.
If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.powered by Disqus
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.