Armed Robbery At Local Wendy's Restaurant

By: KKTV Email
By: KKTV Email

Police say a local Wendy's restaurant was robbed, and the crook is still on the loose Monday.

Colorado Springs police say the armed robbery happened at the Wendy's on Colorado Avenue and 31st Street around 8 p.m. Sunday.

Officers say a man went up to the counter, displayed a knife and got away with cash from the clerk.

The suspect is described as a white man in his 50s with a gray beard. He was reportedly wearing a black leather jacket, jeans, a blue shirt, and a blue bandanna.

If you know anything that might help police find the suspect, call Crime Stoppers at 719-634-STOP (7867).

• by @ MICHEAL on Oct 24, 2010 at 07:10 AM
    U GRADUATED FROM CORNADO? SO WHAT? WHO CARES? U PROB WORK AT WENDYS TOO.
  • by Teen Playa Location: Springs on Oct 19, 2010 at 09:19 AM
    The man just wanted his money back...the new spicy nuggets were too spicy!!!
  • by Mayor Ryan on Oct 19, 2010 at 01:57 AM
    @Michael: You should relay that information to the police if you haven't already.
  • by Michael Location: Rael on Oct 18, 2010 at 06:09 PM
    I was a customer when this all went down. As a 2001 graduate of Coronado High School I've seen a lot worse. I can say that it was an internal set-up. I saw the clerk nod at the guy as he waited in the lobby. Waiting for the right opportunity to pull it off. This was not a robbery but a planned scam.
  • by Anonymous Location: Colorado Springs on Oct 18, 2010 at 04:48 PM
    Lol to all you dumb f****!
  • by Stereotype More Location: Co Springs on Oct 18, 2010 at 12:33 PM
    Not Black, not hispanic, must be a homeless man. They should try the Cimmaron I-25 Off-ramp. Maybe he's a homeless alcoholic sex offender meth-head.
  • by Me Location: Colorado on Oct 18, 2010 at 11:24 AM
    He was white. I am the cashier that he robbed. I didn't see a knife but one of the other employees told me that he had one on him.
  • by Carl Location: Far away on Oct 18, 2010 at 09:40 AM
    Oh yeah and Lee...you crack me up! Darla I think you learned your lesson. Don't judge!
  • by the truth hurts Location: Colorado City on Oct 18, 2010 at 09:37 AM
    Darla, are you suggesting it was YOU?!?
  • by WTF Location: CoSPrings on Oct 18, 2010 at 09:25 AM
    I think they got the description wrong. I bet he was black or hispanic
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 105161374 - kktv.com/a?a=105161374