UPDATE: Missing 12-Year-Old Boy Found

By: KKTV News Email
By: KKTV News Email

Colorado Springs police say Marcus Herrero contacted an officer Tuesday afternoon, and the boy has been taken into protective custody.

The adoptive parents of 12-year-old Marcus Herrero reported him missing early this month.

Marcus went missing from the area the Boys and Girls Club in the 1400 block of S. Chelton Rd. around 3 p.m. The director of the Boys and Girls Club tells 11 News Marcus never checked in that day.

A massive search began for Marcus, with law enforcement, family, friends and even school officials.

Not long ago he made contact with his family and at least they were no longer are concerned that he may have been kidnapped or harmed.

Now he's been found and is safe.

• by help on Mar 23, 2011 at 05:45 PM
    The biological father has my phone number. If I miss you, please call him to get it. Ill be around until mid morning tomorrow.
  • by help on Mar 23, 2011 at 04:28 PM
    Sorry it took me so long. Were still here at the park for another little bit. Were going to the great wall if you want to head there?
  • by help on Mar 23, 2011 at 03:49 PM
    Going to park
  • by help on Mar 23, 2011 at 03:31 PM
    I am going to the park now.
      by Anonymous on Mar 25, 2011 at 07:31 AM in reply to help
      This is the biolgical mother Denise please contact me at 719-846-2273 thank you
  • by Anonymous on Mar 23, 2011 at 08:57 AM
    Callie I am charging my phone now. Will call in a while soon as I get on the road. I noticed Marcus is in PC. biological family needs to unite and get custody back. Marcus can tell a judge where he wants to be.
  • by Anonymous on Mar 23, 2011 at 08:36 AM
    WONDERING WHY THE CHILD WAS TAKEN AWAY AND PUT UP FOR ADOPTION WHEN BIOLOGIACAL FATHER KNEW NOTHING ABOUT IT
  • by Chuck on Mar 22, 2011 at 09:32 PM
    He obviously doesn't want to be where is, duh! Leave it alone people, he's probably better off where he is now. LEAVE HIM ALONE!!
      by Anonymous on Mar 23, 2011 at 09:25 AM in reply to Chuck
      To Chuck: Per the information I have, he does not want to be with his adoptive family and wishes to return home to his "real family who loves him"..Is what was relayed to me, so, that is why I am trying to help the real family.
  • by callie on Mar 22, 2011 at 08:38 PM
    This is to the comments from " help" again - plz contact ASAP at 719-217-5072.
  • by Anonymous on Mar 22, 2011 at 06:17 PM
    I can. I will post after I come back. I did not try calling, so not sure. I hate it when my battery dies when I am on an urgent call too! I am familer with the law and family law. Also familier with the system. I have been on both sides. Familier with DHS in both counties. Las Animas is corrupted.. To the person who also has a missing child. I am really sorry to hear that. I see by the news update that Marcus reportedly called his adoptive parents and advised he no longer wants to live there. I agree, what the HECK!?!?!? is going on in this home to cause the poor guy to keep leaving. I think I have some insight on that matter from info that was relayed to me. For Callie, I will post on Thursday, so keep watch. We will figure something out... To me, this matter is just important because hes ran away 3 times, and hes 12, so he is of age to tell a judge where he wants to live. So this matter needs to be handled in a very delicate way, because he has been reported as a runaway, it is important that someone is not intentionally harboring him.
  • by CALLIE on Mar 22, 2011 at 04:38 PM
    WHOEVER IT WAS THAT I WAS JUST TALKING TO MY PHONE DIED IF U CAN PLEASE CALL BACK IF YOU GET THIS --THNX
      by Anonymous on Mar 22, 2011 at 09:15 PM in reply to CALLIE
      Yes, when I get back. No it was not me who called. Action on behalf of the biological family is urgent...
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 118105329 - kktv.com/a?a=118105329