Accused Police Impersonator Appears in Court

By: Rick Montanez Email
By: Rick Montanez Email

"It totally defames our industry."

The man arrested for impersonating an officer says pretending to be an officer made him feel powerful, according to court papers obtained by 11 News.

The police began investigating the alleged impersonator back in November 2010. It all started when Jason Doorenbos-Parry had allegedly pulled a driver over for a traffic violation near America the Beautiful Park in Colorado Springs.

According to the paperwork, it didn't take long for officers to find a trail of complaints, which all lead back to Doorenbos-Parry.

The 25-year-old was advised of his charges Monday. Bail has been set for him at $1,000. The already-convicted felon is accused of pretending to be a police officer.

The court papers go on to say that an officer with the Colorado Springs Police Department had noticed Doorenbos-Parry had pulled a car over along Conejos St, under the Cimarron bridge. Doorenbos-Parry allegedly told the officer he was in charge of security at America the Beautiful Park.

When the officer approached Doorenbos-Parry about the stop, court papers show, he appeared to be "nervous” and “stuttering."

The affidavit says it was then that the Springs police officer ran a search on Doorenbos-Parry and found several complaints against him. One of those complaints is from Ken Riggs, a security officer who works near the Citadel Mall. "I didn't really have a reason to doubt [Doorenbos-Parry], until I went on a ride-along with him later that night," Riggs said.

The court documents show Riggs complained about Doorenbos-Parry driving around 100 mph in his personal car, which police say he outfitted with flashing lights and a siren. Riggs said Doorenbos-Parry claimed he was responding to a “call.”

"It's absolutely stupid, it totally defames our industry," Riggs complained. Doorenbos-Parry is also accused of other fake traffic stops and issuing fake citations to teenagers and homeless people in America the Beautiful Park.

"It doesn't do the cops any good, and it doesn't do us any good,” Riggs said. “It makes our jobs a whole lot harder."

During a search of the suspect's home, according to the court documents, police found pads of fake trespass notice forms. Investigators also say he made statements indicating that he made mistakes and was sorry.

Doorenbos-parry is being charged with two felony counts, one for impersonating an officer, the other for possession of a weapon by a previous offender. He will be in court next Monday.

• by Jason Location: Colorado Springs on Dec 28, 2011 at 10:21 PM
    Thanks everyone who supported me through this matter, it is great to see that the REAL people who know me know that i am very harmless and ethical and could never harm anyone. It just comes to show that once you get bad press people think so negative about you.
  • by hisbaby Location: colorado springs on Aug 22, 2011 at 11:00 PM
    u ppl dont even know him some of u pretend to but did u ever take the time to actually hear him out NO! he is not a fellon, if thats the case then we should all be affraid of cops ANY one can pretend to be a cop i know jason wouldnt do that. he is a wonderful man and a wonderful boyfriend all he wants is to help ppl and u all thro it in his face. besides the few ppl that were nice enough to understand.
  • by Robert Location: Colorado Springs on Feb 9, 2011 at 07:11 PM
    Lets not forget Jason did serve his country. I think Jason's friends should organize a funderaiser to raise money for his defense and what ever else he needs. I'm serious.
  • by becky Location: loveland on Feb 9, 2011 at 06:27 PM
    I am so glad i am not the only one who believes that the home life jason had was horrible. that and the many times he was bullied in school didnt help. All he ever wanted was to fit in. So hoping that the court will order a psych evaluation and get him the help he has needed since he was a child. Also wish i could let him know that there are people out here who still care about him. I know what he did was wrong and dangerous. Not making excuses for him just see where things in his life went horribly wrong
  • by Va Leenia Location: Colorado Springs on Feb 9, 2011 at 05:26 PM
    Maria is so right Jason lived with me and my baby for about six months last year until he moved into his place that was seached. Jason is a very nice man but like Maria said he is lost and confused. I am sad to say that I knew this was going to happen. But you can all sleep well at night Jason will not hurt you.
  • by Robert Location: Colorado Springs on Feb 9, 2011 at 04:21 PM
    I like how all Jason's bullies from high school have nothing better to do with their lives, but to once again jump on the bandwagon and started bashing him all over again... you think by now you would have all grown up. It shows just how pathetic your lives all are.
  • by Robert Location: Colorado Springs on Feb 9, 2011 at 04:09 PM
    "Oh My" you know nothing! I bet your one of the kids that bullied him. If you need a friend Jason you have my number.
  • by Robert Location: Colorado Springs on Feb 9, 2011 at 04:03 PM
    I know this man personally and he is harmless. I beleive that he needs help form all the mental and pysical abuse he had endure through out his life. I wish there was something I wish there was something I could do to help him. I hope they can see that he is harmless and needs some therapy.
  • by anonymous Location: colo springs on Feb 9, 2011 at 06:54 AM
    Here's a little history for you who believe he's not dangerous, or won't be someday. Wayne Williams - used what looked like a plainclothes police car and a badge to 'arrest' young people. Killed 33 young people in Atlanta. Kenneth Bianchi, wanted to be an LAPD reserve. Used badge to tell people he was a detective. He and partner were known as the Hillside Stranglers. Bianchi killed 16 woman. And there have been others. Many serial killers have a fascination with law enforcement - Gary Ridgway, the "Green River Killer" for example - killed 48 women in Seattle. This guy admits his actions gave him a feeling of 'power.' These behaviors escalate, and eventually lead to more serious problems. Not saying this guy will become a serial killer, just that many have started their 'careers' exactly the same way.
  • by misshollistergrl Location: cs on Feb 8, 2011 at 09:00 PM
    kk i total understand, just stay away from him and ignore him. he will stop.. i hope.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 115538524 - kktv.com/a?a=115538524