Six armed robberies have taken in the span of four days in three different parts of Colorado Springs. Initial reports show some similarities in the crimes.
Two robberies per night have been reported on three separate nights involving a gun and three men. Only vague descriptions have been given.
The locations of six recent robberies are open to cater to late night customers. They have recently been targets for criminals making a quick score.
"We've had an increase in some activity over the last 24 to 48 hours," said Lt. Howard Black with the Colorado Springs Police Department.
Colorado springs police are actively looking into reports filed over last weekend and early this week.
- The Police Blotter shows on Friday, July 23, a Diamond Shamrock on Arlington Drive was hit at 10:30 p.m. Three men entered the store a black man with dreadlocks carrying a silver handgun. He was with two other men who were not seen clearly. Each was wearing a bandanna covering their faces. They took cash, cigarettes and lighters. The stolen items were placed into a backpack and the suspects left.
- Friday, July 23, 11:05 p.m., a robbery occurred at a Diamond Shamrock store at 1740 Jet Wing Drive. The clerk reported three men wearing bandannas came into the store. One flashed a silver handgun, taking money and cigarettes. The items were placed into a black bag.
- Sunday, July 25, 12:32 a.m. The Loaf -n- Jug at 4770 Drennan Road was robbed. Three men entered the store. One showed a gun, and the suspects took cash and cigarettes. One suspect had long black hair braided into into separate pony tails. Another wore a red ski mask. The third wore a black hoodie.
- Sunday, July 25, 2:42 a.m. The 7-11 store at 3740 Randall Drive was robbed. The suspects took cash and cigarettes. Each wore a dark bandanna to cover their faces.
- Monday, July 26, 10:51 p.m. The Loaf -n- Jug store at 4335 Airport Road was robbed. Three men entered the store. One of them had a gun. They took cash and cigarettes. All of them were wearing dark shirts and bandannas across their faces. The suspects fled in a car parked nearby the store.
- Monday, July 26, 11:49 p.m. The 7-11 at 311 S. Hancock Avenue was robbed. Three men robbed the clerk and patrons at gunpoint. They got away with cash. They all wore dark clothing and had bandannas across their faces.
"Do we have days that we have more activity than other days? Absolutely," said Lt. Howard. "But that doesn't necessarily mean we have a crime pattern or that our numbers are exceeding years past."
Each report is currently under investigation. No arrests have been made. Police now hope to hear from anyone who may have key information to help their investigation.
Anyone who can add information to the investigation is urged to call Crime Stoppers in Colorado Springs at 634-STOP.
KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.
If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.powered by Disqus