Consumer Reports Headlines
Beware BPA Tainted Receipts
Updated: 8:22 AM
- The receipts in your wallet could contain a potentially dangerous chemical.
High-Fee College Bank Cards
- Campus-sponsored bank accounts and prepaid cards may seem like an easy and convenient choice for college students, but we're investigating to see if they're actually a good deal.
Safety Alert: Mercury in Fish
- Consumer Reports is looking into mercury levels in fish to see what's safe and what to avoid.
Consumer Reports: Concerns Over Pain Pills
- FDA approved a new prescription painkiller, and Consumer Reports is now calling for them to reconsider.
Consumer Reports: Finding Good Tech Support
- Consumer Reports is looking into the best places to take your computer to get fixed.
Consumer Reports: Hot Car Danger
- Consumer Reports is looking into technology that tries to prevent kids from dying in hot cars.
Gadgets for your Grill
- With grilling season heating up, all kinds of gadgets promise to take your grill to a new level.
Consumer Reports tested several to see how well they work.
Choose the Right Carry On Luggage
- Flying with a carry-on bag can save you fifty dollars or more per trip.
No wonder sales are up.
Before you buy, Consumer Reports has advice on what features are most important.
Best Ice Cream
- More than 90% of the ice cream we eat, we scoop out at home so Consumer Reports set out to find the best-tasting ice cream in the supermarket.
They focused on America's top-selling flavor. One hint - it's NOT chocolate.
Effective, Non-Toxic Drain Cleaner
- Clogged drains are big business.
We spend $288 million a year on drain cleaners and plenty more on plumbers.
Consumer Reports tested a $20 device that promises to work without caustic chemicals or a costly plumber visit.
More Consumer Reports Headlines