Diamond Pet Foods is voluntarily recalling its Diamond Naturals Lamb Meal & Rice dry dog food because it may be contaminated with salmonella.
A statement from the company Friday said no illnesses have been reported and no other Diamond products are affected.
Pets that eat the food or people who handle it could become infected with salmonella. Healthy people infected with salmonella should watch for the following symptoms: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, abdominal cramping and fever.
Pets with salmonella may have decreased appetite fever and abdominal pain.
The product was distributed to customers in 12 states: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina and Virginia. It is possible those customers may have distributed it to other states.
Customers who have purchased the following Diamond Naturals Lamb & Rice products should stop feeding it to their pets and discard i:
- 6-pound bag with the production code DLR0101D3XALW and best before Jan. 4, 2013;
- 20-pound bag with the production code DLR0101C31XAG and best before Jan. 3, 2013;
- 40-pound bag with the production code DLR0101C31XMF and best before Jan. 3, 2013;
- 40-pound bag with the production code DLR0101C31XAG and best before Jan. 3, 2013;
- 40-pound bag with the production code DLR0101D32XMS and best before Jan. 4, 2013.
KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.
If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.powered by Disqus