Reports of illness linked to a popular yogurt brand continue to rise, after a batch was found to be infested with a type of mold.
Chobani has been voluntarily yanking its Greek yogurt from shelves after customers began reporting that some cups were fizzy and smelled bad. Last week, the company released a statement saying its investigation revealed a type of mold commonly found in the dairy environment.
The Food and Drug Administration says it's received at least 89 reports of people getting sick after eating the yogurt. The agency says the reports have not been confirmed.
Chobani advises customers to toss out containers with expiration dates from Sept. 9 to Oct. 7 and a code of 16-012. The company says most of the affected yogurts have already been removed from stores.
KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.
If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.powered by Disqus
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.