Consumer Reports Headlines
11 CFA Alert: Phone Scammers Pretend To Be Sheriff's Deputies
Updated: 8:00 AM
- A convincing scam is targeting people in Southern Colorado.
Cell Phone Chargers
- Some cell phone batteries last a lot longer than others.
Among the best in Consumer Reports' tests are Samsung Galaxy S4, S5, Alpha and Notes; the LG G phones; the Motorola Droid Turbo; and the Apple iPhone 6 Plus.
Another option is to get a charging device.
Super Snack Bars
- The most overcrowded section of your grocery store these days may well be the snack bar aisle.
Sales are on the rise with 20% of Americans saying they munch at least one bar a day, according to Mintel Market Research.
Consumer Reports sampled dozens of bars to help you find the best.
Echo: Amazon's Answer Machine
- Online retail giant Amazon has introduced the Echo.
It's similar to Apple's Siri or Google Now, using voice recognition to respond to your questions and commands.
But instead of having to pull out your smart phone, Echo sits in one spot, making it particularly handy in a home or office. Consumer Reports takes a look at what the $200 device can do.
Alleged Car Thief Found with More than 100 Sets of Keys
- A man accused of breaking into a used car dealership and stealing two vehicles was in possession of more than 100 sets of keys, according to police.
Long-Lasting AA Batteries
- When you're making up your holiday checklist, there's one item you don't want to leave out - batteries.
Double-As are the most popular size.
Consumer Reports ShopSmart magazine sifted through test results, to find out which will keep you all powered up for less.
- Prices for laptops are all over the map.
Some can set you back thousands of dollars, while others cost $300 or less.
Just in time for the holidays, Consumer Reports has tested some of the lowest-cost laptops to find out what they offer, and what they don't.
Smart Watches for Techies
- If you or someone you know likes keeping up with the latest electronics, you might be eyeing a smart watch.
Wearable tech is a fast moving market that's constantly evolving, but Consumer Reports says the timing could be right this holiday season.
Which Gaming System to Give
- Gaming consoles make a great gift.
Besides playing video games, the high-end consoles can stream video, surf the Web, and help you get in shape.
And this year there's a new choice for pint-sized players.
Consumer Reports has checked out the top options to help you make the best choice.
Company with Defective Air Bags Refuses Nationwide Recall
- Several different automakers have recalled to replace front air bags in nearly 8 million cars.
More Consumer Reports Headlines