KKTV Mobile Site >> Home Headlines
Home Headlines
Family Pet Saved During Fire

Posted: 6:10 AM Nov 25, 2012
Reporter: KKTV

A dog is safe and sound thanks to firefighters, who rescued him after a fire broke out on the back deck of his home early Sunday morning.

Neighbors spotted the fire at a home on the 4100 block of Brush Creek shortly before 5:30 a.m. and called the Colorado Springs Fire Department. A spokesman with the Fire Department says the neighbors' vigilance at spotting and reporting the fire likely saved the home; crews were able to get to the scene quickly enough to contain the fire to the deck.

Though no people were home at the time, firefighters were informed on the way to the scene that a family pet was trapped inside. Crews searched the home for the dog and got him out of the house.

The dog is now staying with a neighbor until his owners return.

Post a Comment
Send Story to a Friend
Send to Facebook
Share to Twitter

KKTV Mobile Site Home

Search:

Gray Television, Inc - Copyright 2002-2012 - Powered by Gray Interactive Media