The Red Cross is helping a family find a place to stay Monday night after a fire broke out in their kitchen.
Firefighters say the fire did "moderate" damage to the kitchen, enough that the family can't stay there Monday night.
One woman was home at the time. She got out safely. Two cats were also inside the home. One made it out by itself. The other was rescued by firefighters. Both animals will be OK.
The fire broke out shortly after 3 p.m. Monday on the 1100 block of Las Animas in Colorado Springs.
KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.
If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.powered by Disqus
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.