Victims' Families React To Arangio Death

By: Catherine Bilkey Email
By: Catherine Bilkey Email

The families of Aaron and Wayne Fix and Austin Howse are reacting to the news that their alleged killer took his own life Saturday.

They told 11 News Michael Arangio took the easy way out.

"He took the chicken way out,” Dennis Howse, the father of Austin Howse, said.

The families of the three teens have shared mixed emotions about the way it ended.

"I'm glad he didn't hurt anyone else, but I'm very angry that he took such a cowardly way out,” Judy Hernandez, great-aunt of the Fix brothers, said.

On the corner of Montebello and Mira Loma, there's a small memorial for the lives cut short.

"What upsets me most right now is that I don't know if his mother and father or grandparents will ever have answers to what really happened that night,” Hernandez said. “That makes me very, very angry."

• by big brother Location: colorado springs on Aug 16, 2011 at 12:38 AM
    To everyone makin any negative comment in any shape or form can come talk to me personally about it don't be a coward and talk through internet see me in person
  • by big brother Location: colorado springs on Aug 16, 2011 at 12:37 AM
  • by Anonymous on Aug 2, 2011 at 08:36 PM
    i wish everyone who commented angirly below should stop fighting becuase i know how hard it is to lose someone close to you at such a young age. and i have known Austin for 5 years now, and all i can say is that from the time i knew him he was always a cheerful and happy person who cared about the people he was with a lot. my heart goes out to his family, friends, and all who knew him. may god bless his soul, and the souls of Wayne and Aaron Fix. R.I.P you will all be greatly missed
  • by omg!! on Jul 31, 2011 at 08:59 PM
    This is getting sooo played out enough already.If my only 2 children just died the last thing I would want to do is be on TV nonstop!!!!It's OVER please no more...
  • by angry on Jul 31, 2011 at 06:18 PM
    I am related to Austin Howse. Number one you shouldn't be looking on ANY of their facebook pages you creep. Number two Austin was NEVER into any of that BULL that you are using as your argument. Grow up and mind your own business. You're only deepening the hurt for the families.
      by Skitoos on Aug 1, 2011 at 05:47 PM in reply to angry
      1. What are you angry about? Austin's choice of friends? His idea of entertainment? 2. I would not admit to being related to any of these four individuals.
        by Anonymous on Aug 1, 2011 at 09:29 PM in reply to Skitoos
        You're a pathetic person. Have a wonderful life living in ignorance.
        by mh on Aug 2, 2011 at 03:17 PM in reply to Skitoos
        You are an evil idiot!!! You are no better of a person than the lunatic that shot this kids!!!Get a life, you are just trying to get a reaction out of somebody on here because nobody prob loves or likes you,you freak! This is the only attention you get? Regardless 3 unarmed young lives were taken by someone that had tons of firepower..Even our fallen soldiers are armed. And who deserves to be shot multiple times for what?? Nobody deserves to be murdered!
  • by Skitter Location: CoS on Jul 31, 2011 at 05:11 PM
    Party time.
  • by Skitter Location: C Springs on Jul 31, 2011 at 05:07 PM
    Never take fists to a gunfight.
  • by Skitter Location: C Springs on Jul 31, 2011 at 05:00 PM
    Only the good die young. We all know Arangio and the 3 boys were just fun loving and kind.
  • by A REAL CALI G Location: WITH YOUR DAUGHTERS on Jul 31, 2011 at 03:36 PM
    LOL...EVERYONE WANTS TO BE A GANGSTA NOWADAYZ....THANKS TO LIL WAYNE..EVERYONE IS CLAIMIN TO BE A "BLOOD" NOW...U INBRED MORONS DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED,DIDNT THIS GUY PULL A GUN ON OTHER PEOPLE BEFORE?
  • by me Location: USA on Jul 31, 2011 at 02:40 PM
    No matter what any of us say or think about the deceased, their parents (ALL of their parents) will move on through life with pain only a parent can feel after such a loss.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 126471348 - kktv.com/a?a=126471348