Contractor Suspected Of Starting Air Force Fires

By  | 

A civilian contractor is suspected of starting two small fires in an Air Force Academy dormitory.

The unidentified woman was arrested after the fires were discovered and extinguished Tuesday in Sijan Hall. It wasn't immediately clear what charges she faces.

Academy spokesman Meade Warthen said cadets were safely evacuated and there was no structural damage to the building. About 2,000 cadets live there.

Two small fires also broke out in the dorm on Friday. Warthen said investigators don't know yet whether the two sets of fires are related.

Even though there wasn't much damage, the academy postponed a basewide exercise that had been planned for Wednesday. Officials wanted to avoid the possibility that the public would think there was an actual emergency happening.



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus