Decision To Expel Pending For Student Caught With "Kill List"

By: Gina Esposito Email
By: Gina Esposito Email

PUEBLO WEST, Colo. The student reportedly caught with a "Kill List" at Sierra Vista Elementary last week won't be returning to the school. The list allegedly contains students' names and how the student who created the list wanted to hurt those people.

Last week, 11 News spoke to a student who says he was on the "Kill List." He told us at first he thought it was funny, but after he saw more of his friends on the list, he was worried for their safety.

On Tuesday, the student who created the list had a hearing. Director of Student Services for District 70, Greg Keasling, says a decision was made to extend the student's suspension.

Tuesday's decision does not mean the student is expelled; he's just not allowed back into the classroom. The decision to expel the student will be made by the school board. If the student is expelled, he will only be allowed to take online classes. The student will no longer be able to attend any school in District 70.

Keasling says he sent his recommendation to the school board. We'll let you know what the school board decides next week.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:
KKTV 520 E. Colorado Colorado Springs, CO 80903 Office: (719) 634-2844 Fax: (719) 632-0808 News Fax: (719) 634-3741
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 257375171 - kktv.com/a?a=257375171
Gray Television, Inc.