Arctic Chill Persists

By: Meteorologist Branden Borremans Email
By: Meteorologist Branden Borremans Email

It's another frigid start to the day with temps in the single digits and teens BELOW. Wind chills will be dangerously cold in the -15 to -35 degree range. Frostbite can occur in a short period of time when it's this cold, so make sure you don't allow for any exposed skin when outdoors this morning.

Temps will start rebounding nicely this afternoon, though, with highs in the 20s and 30s.

• by To Kristi on Feb 3, 2011 at 09:32 AM
    I agree, district 12 waits intil the last minute also.
  • by Jim 2 Location: Springs on Feb 3, 2011 at 08:18 AM
    @Dixie...wow...we don't even need to call you names. Your ignorance and obvious small mindedness speaks for itself. Enjoy the cold weather though!
  • by Woofka Location: Colo Sprgs on Feb 2, 2011 at 05:35 PM
    Thanks to all the schools that closed today. I know it is always a hard decision, but putting the welfare of our kids first is always the right thing to do. Thank you!
  • by Anonymous on Feb 2, 2011 at 05:00 PM
    Doctor's office closed? You gotta be kidding me. I made a hard-to-get appointment 2 weeks ago, bundle up and brave the cold to get to her office, and they are closed due to weather? And thanks for calling me to advise me of your closing. I WILL find another doctor. This place is really odd.
  • by AJ Location: CS on Feb 2, 2011 at 04:26 PM
    TK, I grew up in the North. I understand your point of view. But keep in mind that young children have no option but to walk to school on days in the negitive. I don't believe it is worth the risk to have children walk in this weather. Not smart...and my children are not wussy's
  • by Jen on Feb 2, 2011 at 04:06 PM
    TK - if you think we parents are creating wussies, then maybe you should go back to MN where people are "stronger" and USED to this kind of weather. This is FAR from normal, and it is not fair to make kids go out in something they are NOT USED to, nor is it safe.
  • by TK Location: CS on Feb 2, 2011 at 01:53 PM
    I'ts cold like this days on end in MN and many parts of the midwest. How come they don't cancel schools? If they had the same mentality of people down here they would have school canceled everyday from Dec 1 - March 1 at least. Kids must be tougher or actually know how to dress for winter up there. I'm glad that I'm not part of this wussy generation of kids that parents are creating today.
  • by Susan Location: Woodland park on Feb 2, 2011 at 10:41 AM
    Just a question-why doesn't KKTV post the current temperatures (at least for CO Springs) on their home page, or the weather page?
  • by Robert Heintz Location: Tucson, Az on Feb 2, 2011 at 10:29 AM
    I'm a Canon City resident spending several weeks in Arizona. While I can't stick my tongue out at you all for not being up there in those wretched conditions (because its barely getting into the 40s here), thats alot better than what you're experiencing now!
  • by Had enough on Feb 2, 2011 at 09:27 AM
    Cold air killed all 3 of our cars batteries, all less than 2 years old. 5 hour wait for roadside assistance??? Come on.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 114901049 - kktv.com/a?a=114901049