A group of thieves is allegedly working together to steal money from people and businesses in southern Colorado.
The Pueblo County Sheriff's Office says the accused crooks are taking bank account and routing numbers and creating fake checks. Investigators say the suspects may be getting the information out of people's cars, mail boxes, and even their homes.
After stealing the information, the crooks then reportedly write a check out to themselves and go to the bank to have it cashed. They have also reportedly targeted other check cashing entities.
They are often dressed as a construction worker at the time.
The sheriff's office says they have already gotten away with it several times.
They are warning banks and businesses to be on the lookout for driver's licenses with the following names.
- Sean Ray Cochran using an Arizona Drivers License
- Jared Robert Moore using a Virginia Drivers License
- Danic Mulipa Vaivai using a Colorado Drivers License (Monument)
- Ernest Morton Prater Jr. using a Colorado ID (Colorado Springs)
- Efrain Ibarra using a Colorado ID (Colorado Springs)
- Kerry Lee Cooper using Colorado ID (Colorado Springs)
- Brett Alan Cooper using Colorado ID (Denver)
The sheriff's office says some of the names on this list have been linked to similar cases in other places across the U.S.
The sheriff's office says if you think your bank account information may have been compromised in the last few months, have your personal or business account at the bank flagged right away.
The Pueblo County Sheriff's Office has provided the pictures above. The sheriff's office says they have not issued warrants for their arrest, but they are suspects wanted for questioning.
If you see any of these people, don't follow or approach them. Call the Pueblo County Sheriff's Office right away. The number is 583-6250.