Pizza Boxes By Stove May Have Started Destructive Structure Fire

By: KKTV
By: KKTV
Residents at a Castle Rock fourplex say they were jolted awake by a fire spreading through their building.

Credit: KCNC

Residents at a Castle Rock fourplex say they were jolted awake by a fire spreading through their building.

One woman told sister station KCNC that she woke up to flames shooting from the windows.

Pizza boxes are the suspected culprit in the destructive fire, which displaced eight people. The Castle Rock fire chief says that a resident in a downstairs unit told him that the pizza boxes sitting by the stove had caught fire.

The fire started around 3:15 a.m. Friday and took 20 minutes for firefighters to get under control. The fire was reportedly out by 4 a.m.


KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.

If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.

powered by Disqus
KKTV 520 E. Colorado Colorado Springs, CO 80903 Office: (719) 634-2844 Fax: (719) 632-0808 News Fax: (719) 634-3741
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 264887961 - kktv.com/a?a=264887961