Colorado's marijuana experiment is under threat by the very popularity of eating it instead of smoking it, so the pot industry is joining health officials and state regulators in studying the problem of consumers eating too much too quickly.
They plan meet Wednesday at Children's Hospital Colorado to discuss the potency and serving size of pot edibles.
An exchange student from Wyoming jumped to his death in March after police say he ate more than the recommended amount of a pot cookie. Police are also investigating whether pot-infused candy led a husband with no history of violence to kill his wife this month.
In addition, Children's Hospital says the number of children taken there after accidentally eating marijuana products that look like familiar treats has increased over the last three years.