Thornton authorities say a June house explosion was an act of suicide.
The Thornton Police and Fire investigation announced Thursday that 59-year-old Gary Lee Pine detached the natural gas line to the furnace. His action caused the home to fill with natural gas, which resulted in the eventual ignition and subsequent explosion of the home.
The June 19 explosion left debris on surrounding trees and rooftops across two square blocks in the northern Denver suburb.
She says three people lived in the house, and two were at work at the time of the explosion. No one else was injured.
KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.
If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.powered by Disqus
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.