A Springs family was fast asleep when the blaring sound of their smoke alarm jolted them awake.
A fire had started inside their home in the middle of the night. A father and his two young children quickly escaped the home and called 911.
Firefighters arrived at the home on El Canto Drive around 2 a.m. and were able to get the fire out within an hour. A spokeswoman with the Fire Department credits the family for having a working smoke alarm, stating it likely saved their lives.
Parts of the house sustained heavy smoke damage, displacing the family.
Fire investigators now believe the fire was started accidentally by a juvenile.
KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.
If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.powered by Disqus