KKTV 11 News | Colorado Springs, Pueblo |  Breaking News| Weather | School Closings | Traffic

Overloaded Outlet Causes Fire At Hotel

By: KKTV
By: KKTV
Credit: Peter Lundell

Credit: Peter Lundell

An overloaded outlet is to blame for a fire that broke out at a southern Colorado hotel Sunday, according to the fire department.

The fire chief in La Junta said two outlets in a laundry room at the Travelodge in La Junta were overloaded.

KKTV 11 News is told the hotel was running space heaters to keep the pipes from freezing.

An off duty firefighter called in the fire.


KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.

If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.

powered by Disqus
KKTV 520 E. Colorado Colorado Springs, CO 80903 Office: (719) 634-2844 Fax: (719) 632-0808 News Fax: (719) 634-3741
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 234053851