Notices Sent To "Unaffiliated Voters" Ahead Of Primary Election

MGN Online

Registered voters who are not affiliated with a major political party will be getting a notice in the mail reminding them that in order to participate in the upcoming primary election, they will have to declare a major party affiliation.

The El Paso County Clerk and Recorder's Office is sending out the notices.

Major political parties include American Constitution, Democratic, and Republican, according to the Clerk and Recorder's Office.

“We certainly respect the right of all voters to affiliate or not to affiliate with any party they choose,” El Paso County Clerk and Recorder Wayne Williams said in a news release. “With that in mind, our office will always do what we can to help all voters make their voice heard in our democratic process. These notices serve as a reminder for unaffiliated voters that they must affiliate with a political party if they would like to vote in the June primary.”

Unaffiliated voters who register with a party in order to take part in the primary election may re-register as an unaffiliated voter after the primary.

The affiliation change must be completed by June 16 in order to receive a mail-in ballot for the June 24 primary. After June 16, affiliation changes may be made at a Clerk and Recorder's Office location.

There are several ways for a voter to change his/her party affiliation.
- Go to and click on “Manage My Registration” under the "My Registration" section.
- Complete and return the form sent with the notice.
- Visit the Clerk and Recorders Office.

A completed form may be returned to the Clerk and Recorder's Office via:
U.S. Mail
Fax (719) 520-7327 or
as an email attachment to