Neighbors Spot Flames, Wake Residents

By  | 

On a windy night, vigilant neighbors may have kept a structure fire from getting worse.

The Colorado Springs Fire Department says the neighbors saw flames on a nearby balcony at a residence on Gatehouse Circle South early Saturday morning and called 911. They then rushed over to wake up the residents living in the home.

Despite powerful wind gusts, firefighters were able to get the fire under control quickly. At this time, damage to the home is unknown.

Two families--including four dogs and one bird--were displaced in the fire. The Red Cross is assisting both families.



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus