FROM THE 11 BREAKING WEATHER TEAM THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS ISSUED a Severe Thunderstorm Warning effective until 1:30 PM for the counties of Huerfano and Las Animas
More Details

Peak Vista Expands Health Care Access in Southern Colorado

By: KKTV Email
By: KKTV Email

Peak Vista community health centers has now completed the first phase of their "Opening Doors to Healthcare Access" community benefit initiative.

The occasion was marked Tuesday with a ribbon cutting at Peak Vista's health center at 2828 International Circle in Colorado Springs.

Since 2007, the initiative and Peak Vista Foundation have raised $9.5 million to renovate and expand the International Circle facility, relocate and expand Peak Vista's Homeless Health Center (now in donated space within the Salvation Army's New Hope Center, 117 W. Rio Grande), and build the new Colorado Springs Senior Health Center.

The newly renovated International Circle facility has expanded its pediatric, dental, enrollment and radiology services. Last year, Peak Vista helped more than 50,000 patients in the Pikes Peak region who would otherwise have a hard time finding access to healthcare services. They estimate they'll add 14,000 more patients with the expanded facilities.

"Access to health care is such an important part of making this a terrific community," said David Lord, Board Chairman of the Peak Vista Foundation.

At least 71 percent of those treated by Peak Vista are at or below the poverty level.

Fore more information about Peak Vista Community Health Centers, click on the link below this story. You can also call 719-632-5700.

• by soccer jerseys Location: http://www.soccerjerseysmall.com on May 13, 2011 at 12:13 AM
    Very usefull information thanks for sharing with us hope you share more,hope you happy everyday! maybe we can become friend maybe you can visit my site http://www.soccerjerseysmall.com
  • by CassieP on May 11, 2011 at 06:24 PM
    Wonderful open house last nite!! Sooo happy I could join!
  • by Maria on May 11, 2011 at 06:23 PM
    AWESOME! Peak Vista fills such a great need in this community.......so glad to hear about this project :) :) :)
  • by Ralphie L on May 11, 2011 at 06:21 PM
    This is great news, Peak Vista! I've been a patient since the mid 90s...and am so impressed with the NEW buildings. You have come along way!!!!
  • by Colorado Springs Resident Location: Colorado Springs on May 11, 2011 at 06:18 PM
    Erin S., I am a nurse practitioner, and I can assure you, it is NOT because I couldn't hack it in medical school. If your personality and manners are not better than you displayed below, I think you deserved whatever service you did (or did not get).
  • by Ally Location: Colorado Springs on May 11, 2011 at 06:13 PM
    I have been going to Peak Vista for several years. I really appreciate being able to go there since I don't have general care insurance. Everyone I have encountered that works there has been great.
  • by Tom Location: Colorado Springs on May 11, 2011 at 06:09 PM
    Great looking facility, glad I got to see it last night. Nice work Peak Vista!
  • by Concerned Citizen Location: Colorado Springs on May 10, 2011 at 07:24 PM
    I have had "service???" from Peak Vista and had (assistants?) call other people to come in and laugh at me....it's HUMILIATING to be poor, not be able to afford health care, and then, when you go....be made a "public spectacle" of....PEAK VISTA SUCKS....and there is NO CARE or QUALITY for us "poor folks"...NONE AT ALL....
  • by Erin S. Location: Security on May 10, 2011 at 07:15 PM
    Here's hoping that part of the "expansion" is teaching the nurse practitioners (otherwise known as people who couldn't hack it in med school) how to recognize things like strokes before their lackluster care half kills someone else's mother.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 121608334 - kktv.com/a?a=121608334