Firefighters extinguished a fire in eastern El Paso County Thursday.
The fire was first reported around 10:40 a.m. Thursday. It was still burning about two hours later, but was extinguished by late afternoon. It took six agencies to put the fire out.
The El Paso County Sheriff's Office says a mobile home and garage on the 17300 block of Jones Road in Peyton were fully engulfed in flames when crews arrived on scene.
Firefighters say the homeowner was working on a hot water tank on the outside of the home when the fire started. There were some oxygen bottles inside the home that exploded.
Frigid temperatures made the situation dangerous for firefighters, because water from the hoses turned to ice.
"It is dangerous for the firefighters because of the ice conditions that the water creates. So we are battling that, we're battling frozen lines and those sort of situations we're dealing with," said Falcon Fire Chief Trent Harwig.