Man Won't Leave Foreclosed Home, Gets In Standoff With SWAT team

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

A man who lost his home to foreclosure surrendered after a standoff with a Jefferson County SWAT team.

Sheriff's officials say 50-year-old David Lee Rothe surrendered and did not resist when SWAT officers contacted him at about 1:15 p.m. Tuesday. Deputies called the SWAT team at about 9 a.m.

Sheriff's department spokesman Mark Techmeyer says residents within a quarter mile circumference of the home received automated calls telling them to stay inside during the standoff in unincorporated Jefferson County.

Techmeyer says the man's home was foreclosed on recently and the new owner wanted to move in.

• by anonymous on Nov 18, 2010 at 07:39 AM
    To fed up with the feds, from someone who lost there home to foreclosure also, I`m with you. I understand your pain.
  • by Moneymasters on Nov 17, 2010 at 04:49 PM
    If you make all of your payments except one and you foreclose.....now that's a profit! You get zero credit for all those other payments. Watch The Money Masters and learn about the crooks in our system. They aren't going to stop until we are all broke. And the blame will be placed on us. just wait....but not for much longer.
  • by Fed up with Feds Location: Colorado Springs on Nov 17, 2010 at 04:10 PM
    My heart goes out to this man. I lost my home in foreclosure as well, and not because I failed to make payments, because the greedy bank refused to work with me. I was doing great, had no other debt, lost my job and was forced to attempt to reduce my payments because I was unable to even find work at minimum wage, I was out there every day for a two years before I finally found something ( I will add the wage is not minimum wage, but for what I do, its ridiculous). However you all need to recognize that banks have no incentive to work with the borrowers, think about it, a 30 year loan that is primarily interest the first 1 - 10 years, is PURE PROFIT for the bank, even when they do foreclose, they still make money, if they do this with the same house 5/10/15 times...how can they lose out ?? The banking industry and the Federal Reserve are what has ruined this country. Please let the class action lawsuit go through!
  • by Q Location: Peyton on Nov 17, 2010 at 02:24 PM
    Chuckles, you need to get a life.
  • by Anonymous on Nov 17, 2010 at 12:23 PM
    This is just the beginning, folks.
  • by To Joanne on Nov 17, 2010 at 10:10 AM
    Amen. We still feel that terrible feeling in the pit of our stomach.
  • by anonymous on Nov 17, 2010 at 05:36 AM
    It is no joke when a person loses there to home to foreclosure. It hurts that banks or finance companies can be so cold.we lost our home to foreclosure.They talk about lowing your interest rate.B.S. we lived in the stratmoor valley when we were foreclosed on, They are welcome to the neighborhood. there has been drive by shootings. someone driving through the yard. my kid`s being picked on, my son shot at. There was a man who shot and killed himself in the valley with the police at the door due to foreclosure and his parents left him that house. I feel for people being foreclosed on due to our experience. People can make jokes because it`s not them.
  • by true on Nov 16, 2010 at 11:51 PM
    Sounds like a SHORT SELL banks do it all the time nowadays
  • by joanne Location: colorado springs on Nov 16, 2010 at 08:34 PM
    very sad. he just wanted to stay in his home, it probably wasnt the right thing to do, but now days if you have no where else to go its a terrible feeling in the pit of your stomach, this country needs to find better ways of helping its own.
  • by Chuckles Location: At the Bank... on Nov 16, 2010 at 07:40 PM
    Even the bloke's name doesn't sound right: David Lee Rothe ?? Wasn't he with van Halen ?
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 108551364 - kktv.com/a?a=108551364