Police say the district attorney will decide whether or not to charge a homeowner whose house started on fire.
It happened on Van Buren Street in Pueblo on Saturday. That's near Lake and Northern.
Investigators tell us they got a call from a neighbor, and when crews arrived they found the homeowner standing outside the home.
We're told there is no heat in the home, so the homeowner started a fire in a "makeshift fireplace" in the basement. The fire got out of control and spread to the main level of the house.
Originally on Saturday, firefighters told us the fire was suspicious and the homeowner was under arrest. On Sunday, police told us they spoke to the homeowner and now believe the fire was carelessness. Police told the district attorney the man should be charged with 4th degree arson. The district attorney is now reviewing the case.
KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.
If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.powered by Disqus
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.