Man Pleads Guilty To 2013 Murder

Credit: CSPD
By  | 

A grieving family will see their relative's killer locked behind bars for the rest of his life.

The 4th Judicial District Attorney's Office confirmed to 11 News that Otto Pobanz III pleaded guilty Monday to second-degree murder and first-degree burglary. Authorities say Pobanz and a second suspect shot and killed William Walsh in June of last year, and left his body behind the Walgreens on Academy and Chelton.

Pobanz's family told 11 News at the time of the arrests that they felt an enormous sense of relief that justice could be served in Walsh's death.

"Let the judicial system take their course now...Billy didn't deserve it. Didn't deserve it. I hope he gets what he has coming to him," Walsh's cousin Anthony Ramsey said last June in reaction to Pobanz's arrest.

Pobanz and Walsh reportedly knew each other.

A spokesperson with the DA's office said Pobanz faces 50-80 years in prison. He will be sentenced on May 30.




 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus