KKTV Launches New Transmitter

By: KKTV 11 News Email
By: KKTV 11 News Email

As many of you know, KKTV 11 News has been in the process of launching a new transmitter, giving us the strongest possible signal for our over-the-air viewers. We are happy to announce that the project is complete.

The new transmitter on Cheyenne Mountain will bring viewers all over Southern Colorado the strongest signal ever sent out by the station. We are now broadcasting that UHF signal. We officially turned off the VHF signal on Monday, January 24 at noon. All over-the-air viewers should now scan their TVs to be able to reach KKTV 11 News on channel 11, or lose the KKTV signal altogether.

Construction on the new transmitter began last summer after the station learned that most viewers could more easily reach UHF signals, as opposed to the VHF signal we were broadcasting. We invested over one million dollars to make sure our new antenna was the best quality for our viewers to watch KKTV 11 News.

We want to thank all of our loyal viewers for your patience and understanding while we completed this project. We are excited and relieved to be back on your TV!

If you have any questions or need further help, please e-mail DTV@kktv.com or call 1-855-GET-KKTV (1-855-438-5588).

• by Chris Location: Aurora on Aug 3, 2011 at 11:17 AM
    I was surprised that I now receive KKTV up by Buckley. Whatever was done must have been just the right adjustments as they are the only Springs channel I receive.
  • by Chris Location: Black Forest on Jul 20, 2011 at 04:10 PM
    I use an HD antenna, with an amplifier, mounted in a tree facing directly at Cheyenne Mountain's Antennas - in line-of-sight...and KKTV is the only station that doesn't come in clearly. For months now, the image will be frozen or all broken into pieces with digital garbage.
  • by Eric on May 20, 2011 at 07:16 PM
    I have an outdoor antenna facing Cheyenne Mountain. t worked fine before a week ago. Now, the signal is lousy or non-existant. The "new transmitter" is apparently defective!
  • by Tony Location: Momument on May 8, 2011 at 06:21 PM
    Use to get KKTV-HD over the air but I no longer get any signal. Just canceled Dish network due to cost and it is disappointing that I can no long get channel 11 from Colorado springs. I guess I will just have to do with out KKTV, see ya...
  • by Tim Location: Peyton on Apr 5, 2011 at 07:16 PM
    After two months of no signal, I finally found this article. After running the auto-channel scan on my TV, I can watch channel again.
  • by Hector Gomez Location: FAlcon on Mar 27, 2011 at 10:51 AM
    If this over the air signal is complete. Than something is missing. It maybe the strongest VHF signal , but in my area no one recevies over the air that I have talked too. I have a new antenna and it was working fine prior to the upgrade.
  • by Bob Lewis Stevens Location: New Jersey on Mar 25, 2011 at 02:52 AM
    As a broadcaster, myself, I think you need to stop bashing KKTV and be more upset with the FCC which mandated the switch to digital broadcasting in order to sell off analog TV frequencies for billions of dollars. Stations had no say in this. All broadcast engineers understand the issues of digital signal break-up and pixilization. Digital TV requires a strong signal at the receiver..it's an all or none story. If you have a good signal, your picture is perfect. If the signal is margiinal, you have nothing. Digital TV does not work well on VHF. The power calculations of the FCC are far below the amount of power really needed to give a digital signal parity with old analog. Again..not the fault of your TV station. They did what they were forced to do. If you have reception problems you need a good outdoor tv antenna capable of receiving both VHF and UHF. If you have an old antenna on your roof dating back to the days of Howdy Doody, you probably need a new one. Rabbit ears will not do..especially in the VHF range.
  • by susan moroski Location: briargate on Feb 20, 2011 at 04:43 PM
    i tried to get 11 on my tv that has the upgrade box. we live in briargate but i can only get it on direct tv what is up with that? channel 11 used to come in all the time march madness is coming up and i am sure we will be missing some of the action. is there a answer
  • by susan moroski Location: briargate on Feb 20, 2011 at 04:32 PM
    i have a tv attached to one of those boxes that are suppose to get you local channels i get them all except 11 i get two 5's three 8's and two 13's but not even one 11. we want to know what is up
  • by Phil Location: Colorado SPrings on Feb 18, 2011 at 08:55 AM
    Great plan, who ever was the engineering genius behind this needs to find a new job. We had it well, then all of a sudden, poof, nothing. Looks like they don't care much about the over the air customers, I refuse to pay for cable or satellite, so if KKTV does not want to get their advertising out to customers like me, oh well, not going to worry about it!
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 114292429 - kktv.com/a?a=114292429