Stratmoor Valley House Fire 'Accidental'

By  | 

Investigators have determined a cause for a structure fire over the weekend.

The fire broke out around 2 p.m. Sunday at a home on Drummond South near I-25 and South Academy in Colorado Springs. The El Paso County Sheriff's Office says the fire was accidental, likely caused by resistance heating from a long extension cord used for space heater.

"I just saw a bunch of smoke coming from the house and I saw the family standing outside trying to get a hold of the police and the fire department," a neighbor told KKTV.

No people were hurt in the fire, but a friend of the family who lives in the home said two cats were killed.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus