KKTV 11 News | Colorado Springs, Pueblo |  Breaking News| Weather | School Closings | Traffic

Cooler Wednesday...PM Rain/Snow Too!

House Fire Started By Electric Blanket

By: AP
By: AP

Authorities say an electric blanket placed over a cat resting in its favorite chair sparked a fire that killed the pet and significantly damaged an Arvada home.

Scott Pribble, spokesman for the Arvada Fire Protection District, says three adults living in the home were awakened by a fire alarm just before 4 a.m. Sunday. They escaped uninjured, but the fire destroyed the home's two-car garage and spread to the attic.


KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.

If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.

powered by Disqus
KKTV 520 E. Colorado Colorado Springs, CO 80903 Office: (719) 634-2844 Fax: (719) 632-0808 News Fax: (719) 634-3741
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 139198054