Firefighters were able to get a house fire under control before it caused too much damage.
Now they are trying to figure out what started it.
The fire was small when firefighters got to the home on Wagon Master Drive, near Oro Blanco and Carefree in Colorado Springs. Crews were only able to see a light haze of smoke when they pulled up at the home just before midnight Monday, but did locate the flames in one of the rooms once they got inside.
The fire was under control within 10 minutes of arrival. Firefighters were able to keep it contained to the single room.
The man who rents the home tells 11 News he's a smoker, and he worried at first that a cigarette caused the fire. He no longer believes that's the case, because he was gone most of the day.
He was displaced for the night so fire investigators could work.
KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.
If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.powered by Disqus
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.