So many of us run our dryers while we aren't at home, never giving it a second thought.
But for one family, this seemingly harmless habit destroyed their home.
Firefighters say an electrical issue in the laundry room of a home in Fountain started a house fire Wednesday afternoon.
The family was not home at the time, but a passerby noticed the smoke and called 911.
By the time emergency responders arrived at the house, located on Fairweather Way near Fountain Mesa Road, the structure was already engulfed in flames.
Firefighters urge the public to never run dryers when no one is at home.
KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.
If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.powered by Disqus
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.