Five people are lucky to be alive after a house in Castle Rock exploded Friday morning.
The force of the explosion could be felt in surrounding homes on Sulfur Court, a couple of which sustained some damage. Nearby residents reported feeling shaking and say insulation rained down throughout the neighborhood after the blast.
Four children managed to escape through an upstairs window just before the explosion, while the woman inside had to be helped out. None were severely injured.
The explosion was reported at 7:18 a.m. Police believe the explosion may have been sparked by the microwave, though that is not confirmed.