HAZMAT crews removed a bottle of chemicals from a music store after a scare Thursday morning.
It happened on Barnes Road near Austin Bluffs Parkway in Colorado Springs.
An employee of Graner Music store called police just after 10:20 a.m. after seeing some of their ceiling tiles were misplaced.
Authorities found a duffel bag with chemicals leaking out of it.
Seven businesses were evacuated while the chemicals were removed. There was no effect to nearby Doherty High School.
Investigators say there is some damage to a back garage door and that may be how the person got in.
The person responsible could face a number of charges, including burglary and reckless endangerment, but authorities say the investigation is still in the early stages.
One officer was treated on scene for exposure, then later drove to the hospital as a precaution.