Four people are safe and unharmed after an observant passerby noticed smoke coming from their home and alerted them to get out.
According to Lt. Jeff Kramer with the El Paso County Sheriff's Office, the passerby was driving by the home on the 15600 block of Hanover Road just after 7 a.m. when he noticed smoke coming from the side of the chimney in an unusual manner.
Firefighters from Hanover, Fountain and Ellicott responded. The fire was contained to the chimney area and was quickly put out. Firefighters tell 11 News that the family will be able to stay at the home tonight.
Hanover Road is located off Old Pueblo Road near PPIR, in southern El Paso County.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.