KKTV 11 News | Colorado Springs, Pueblo |  Breaking News| Weather | School Closings | Traffic

Fireplace Embers Start Deck Fire

By: KKTV
By: KKTV

A man accidentally started his deck on fire as he was cleaning out his fireplace, according to the Colorado Springs fire department.

Hot embers from the fire place fell onto the deck and started the fire.
We're told the homeowner had most of the fire out by the time firefighters arrived.

The fire department put out the rest of the fire and cut away the burned areas of the deck with a chainsaw.

No injuries were reported.

The call came in around 5:45 a.m. Sunday on the 2900 block of Rolling Wood Loop in Colorado Springs.


KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.

If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.

powered by Disqus
KKTV 520 E. Colorado Colorado Springs, CO 80903 Office: (719) 634-2844 Fax: (719) 632-0808 News Fax: (719) 634-3741
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 241072461