Family Wakes Up To Sound Of Explosions, Discovers Fire In Garage

By  | 

A family was jolted awake by the sound of explosions in their garage early Tuesday morning.

It's unknown what made the noise, but the family discovered that their garage was engulfed in flames. The two adults and two children in the home were able to get out safely. One of the adults did have to be treated for smoke inhalation.

Firefighters arrived at the home on the 2100 block of Farnsworth Drive just before 4:30 a.m., and were able to quickly get the upper-hand, keeping the fire from spreading to the house. The house sustained only minor damage, and is still livable.

Investigators are still trying to figure out what started the fire.

Farnsworth Drive is on the southeast side of Colorado Springs near Chelton and Astrozon.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus