Pueblo House Fire Caused By Electrical Appliance

By: KKTV/Gina Esposito Email
By: KKTV/Gina Esposito Email
Firefighters have extinguished a fire in a Pueblo home after an aggressive attack early Tuesday morning.

Credit: Pueblo Fire Department

PUEBLO, Colo. Firefighters extinguished a fire in a Pueblo home after an aggressive attack early Tuesday morning.

Crews rushed to the scene after a passerby noticed smoke coming out of a back window of the home on the 1100 block of Summit Avenue. Smoke and flames could be seen coming out of the home when firefighters with the Pueblo Fire Department got to the scene. Six fire engines responded.

Pueblo firefighter Bryce Boyer was among those who responded to Tuesday morning's fire.

"Right now, the walls in the kitchen are kind of beat up. The ceiling we had to pull that to check for extension in the attic. The kitchen, being the room on fire has significant damage to it," said Boyer.

The fire was reported around 9:15 a.m., and put out in under an hour. The fire department says the fire was started by an electric appliance in the kitchen. No one was in the home at the time the fire started.


KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.

If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.

powered by Disqus
KKTV 520 E. Colorado Colorado Springs, CO 80903 Office: (719) 634-2844 Fax: (719) 632-0808 News Fax: (719) 634-3741
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 260773661 - kktv.com/a?a=260773661