Firefighter Injured In House Fire

To join the conversation on this story and others, "like" our KKTV 11 News Facebook page!

An Elk Creek firefighter is recovering from injuries suffered while fighting a house fire near the town of Pine.

The firefighter suffered smoke inhalation on Sunday and is expected to recover.

Two people renting the home were all able to escape, along with their dog.

Authorities tell our sister station in Denver that it appears that the fire originated in the chimney and spread into the attic. Flames were 30 feet high at one point.

KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.

If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.

powered by Disqus
KKTV 520 E. Colorado Colorado Springs, CO 80903 Office: (719) 634-2844 Fax: (719) 632-0808 News Fax: (719) 634-3741
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 176263851 -
Gray Television, Inc.